Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TPMS

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

TPMS

Hello, second time posting.

I have a new set of wheels installed on my 2015 2500, and one of the TPMS sensors stopped reading, so I order a new one to exchange the bad one and had it installed.

I have an MM3 tuner, which I could get the truck to pick up the replaced sensor, but after 30 miles or so, it will not read it.

If I reflash the TPMS system, it will work again only for 30 miles or so.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

I've done everything but go to the dealership, which I don't want to do.

2. Likes AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: TPMS

The replacement sensor?

Is it an OEM/Mopar?

The MM3 tuner doesn't pick up the sensor.

The MM3 tuner adapts the factory system to allow you to adjust the psi settings to a lower setting without the factory computer setting flashing a low tire pressure warning.

This is mainly helpful for 2500 trucks when you get aftermarket tires that require lower PSI.

3500 trucks do not give the low psi warning.

They just show the actual psi reading that is in the tire.

if you have not make sure you have full Volts on a warmed-up truck.

Turn off truck turn key to on without starting the truck.

MM3, and adjust your TPMS sensor psi range.

Then drive a truck and see.

If you have a non OEM sensor you bought, who knows some sensors can only be reset with a certain scan tool.

I know some tire shops have this tool.

Takes just a couple of minutes to put it next to the tire to activate and connect the sensor.

(Wake it up).

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

4. Likes AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I've done that factory set points as you know are 65 front 80 in the rear I have adjusted the thresholds to 60psi in every tire now when I reflash the tpms module to read these lower set point it recognizes all sensors drive for 30 miles and it started dropping the right rear read out so I replaced the sensor same out come after the reflash now both back tires have dashes where the psi read out would be on the evic I was thinking maybe the module itself is faulty but I'm in the middle of doing some research on the module which I'm seeing it's tied to remote start etc its reading the sensors atleast for 30 or so miles battery's are good in all sensors had them checked kinda clueless on what and why this is happening

6. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell592 View Post
    I've done that factory set points as you know are 65 front 80 in the rear I have adjusted the thresholds to 60psi in every tire now when I reflash the tpms module to read these lower set point it recognizes all sensors drive for 30 miles and it started dropping the right rear read out so I replaced the sensor same out come after the reflash now both back tires have dashes where the psi read out would be on the evic I was thinking maybe the module itself is faulty but I'm in the middle of doing some research on the module which I'm seeing it's tied to remote start etc its reading the sensors atleast for 30 or so miles battery's are good in all sensors had them checked kinda clueless on what and why this is happening
    I am having the same issue as you , i put tpms sensors in my wheels then set the mm3 to 55psi hit the button and all is fine for about 30 miles then all mine drop out and the tire light comes back, but prior to that it does read them . So i kinda just gave up until I saw this posting.

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

8. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

It may be possible.

I'm not for sure like I said, I'm still looking we have a TPMS monitor receiver, but the downfall is if you have a keyless entry autostart keyless, it's tied to that module, so I'm not certain yet of what that Intels.

10. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Its worth it to check this and its wires.

Have heard of pinched wires from the antennae.

Check your remote start antennae and its connection to the RFH hub.

The TPMS system uses the remote start antennae to pick up the readings from the senders in the tires.

The readings are then passed along to the RFH hub.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

12. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I wonder if the MM3 is interrupting the signal and not allowing the trucks RF hub to relearn to the BCM.

The MM3 passes the signal for a little bit then after about 30min the truck realizes the sensor doesn't match.

Not sure just a though.

I never had an issue.

Installed aftermarket wheels with aftermarket sensors.

All it took was about 3miles down the road and the truck relearned the new sensors.

Same when I rotate them.

Takes a few miles and the truck makes the adjustment.

I'm still stock though.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 Granite Crystal Laramie Sport 4x4 CCSB
    Thuren 2.75 front with Fox RR/ 1.0 rear with .75 spacer and King 2.0/ Thuren frt/Rear track bars
    American Racing ATX AX202 18x9 5"bs 35X12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    ARE Camper Top

14. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Got me im at wits end I set all tires back to factory setting according to the sticker on the door we will see.

16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Well that didn't work neither.

17. Top Of Page | #10
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

One of the tire sensors is likely bad or sending a week signal.

When the rfh hub isn’t able to determine the location of the sensor it sets a dtc in the rfh hub.

If you clear that dtc or reset pressures with the MM3 it will work until it realizes it doesn’t know what tire the sensor is in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Likes AK Bob liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast