Hey Guys, I need some help figuring out a problem with my transmission.

The truck is a 2018 Ram 2500 4x4 with the 68RFE with 35,000 miles, and I recently lost reverse.

And yes, I have done hours of searching and reading trying to figure out this problem and have been in my tranny two times now trying to figure it out with no luck.

The back story is at 31,000 miles. I installed an ATS separator plate kit, ATS accumulator kit, ATS heavy duty accumulator plate, ATS tranny cooler delete, and ATS deep tranny pan.

Everything went well with the install, and when I got done, my reverse was slow to engage- like took about 3 seconds.

Everything else was great.

So, I researched the slow to engage and learned about the tower seal on top of the valve body.

All my symptoms pointed to that, so I ordered a tower seal kit but couldn’t get the time to get back in and install it.

During this time, I ordered tuning from DRD, which I asked for the tranny tuning for a modified valve body, and did all my deletes.

The night after doing me deletes and was backing up to the shed at the house and reverse acted like it didn’t want to engage and I through P0736 code.

I cleared the code, finished what I was doing, and reverse went back to its normal delay.

I read that if it was a torn tower seal, then the problem would get worse and would eventually lose reverse, so I was waiting to see if the delay got worse to verify the tower seal was torn, but it never really got worse.

Then fast forward to New Year's trip and completely lost reverse.

Yesterday, I pulled the valve body back out of the tranny, and the tower seals were fine.

So, I pulled the accumulators back out and looked them over good and didn’t see anything wrong with them either.

Put everything back together, and still no reverse.

So, I researched and learned about blowing air in the ports and checking the LR shuttle valve.

Today I pulled the valve body back out, split it, and checked the shuttle valve, and it looked fine.

So, I proceeded to aircheck, and all that seems fine to me, but I’m no expert.

I blew air in the LR retainer and can definitely hear a low thud and absolutely no air leaking.

Blew air the reverse port, and I do get oil and air out of the OD port but very little, and I can see the drum move rearwards.

So, put it all back together, and still no reverse.

So now I’m lost on what to do now.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.