Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  25

Thread: Pictures Of RAM 2500/3500 Tradesman With Sport/Laramie Projectors (Black/Chrome)

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Pictures Of RAM 2500/3500 Tradesman With Sport/Laramie Projectors (Black/Chrome)

Hello all.

I recently bought a set of Black OEM Sport projectors to swap out my Quads.

I’m looking for pics of Tradesman trucks with swapped out Black/Chrome OEM projectors.

I feel like I should go with the Chrome (Laramie) headlamps over the Black (Sport) because my tradesman has the Chrome package.

I’ve been searching Google for weeks trying to find these combinations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 6.7 in Black Forest Green, RaceME MM3 tuned by Ray @ Double R Diesel, WCFab FMW S467.7/83 .90A/R & Steed Speed Manifold 2nd Gen Swap, Flo-Pro 5" Straight Pipe w/FTE Diesel Resonator, Pusher 3.5" MEGA Intake Manifold, Pusher 3.5" MEGA Intercooler Tubes, DBALL2 Remote Starter, PIAA 85115 Superior Deep Bass Horns, Headlight Revolution Supernova V.4 LED Low/High beams, Bilstein 2.3" Level w/5100's all around, Thuren Adjustable Front Track Bar, ARP CA625+ Head Studs, RevMax 68RFE High Performance Towing/HD Valve Body, RevMax 68RFE ZeroStat Transmission Cooler Thermostatic Bypass.

2. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Pictures Of RAM 2500/3500 Tradesman With Sport/Laramie Projectors (Black/Chrome)

I wish I had PICs to help ya out - but I don't.
    I myself was thinking about switching out my quads for a High Quality Set of Projectors - but just can't justify the cost.

My thinking of switching was not for Looks but for much more lighting - My old eyes are having a harder time driving at night & being in Oklahoma - The Deer population is ridiculous!
    I did raise each quad - 6 turns (Clock Wise) - this made a huge improvement in forward vision - I can now see at least ahead of 75 yards ahead of me (Instead of 35 yards) vision on both sides was much improved as well.
    My son is still trying to convince me to switch to HIDs.

Good Luck in your search for the PICS your looking for.

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Pictures Of RAM 2500/3500 Tradesman With Sport/Laramie Projectors (Black/Chrome)

Look for power wagon photos. The early 4th gens had black headlights and chrome grill and bumpers.

2018 srw 3500

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

The black projectors I got were about $400, which honestly is really cheap for OEM projectors and other than dust they were still like new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 6.7 in Black Forest Green, RaceME MM3 tuned by Ray @ Double R Diesel, WCFab FMW S467.7/83 .90A/R & Steed Speed Manifold 2nd Gen Swap, Flo-Pro 5" Straight Pipe w/FTE Diesel Resonator, Pusher 3.5" MEGA Intake Manifold, Pusher 3.5" MEGA Intercooler Tubes, DBALL2 Remote Starter, PIAA 85115 Superior Deep Bass Horns, Headlight Revolution Supernova V.4 LED Low/High beams, Bilstein 2.3" Level w/5100's all around, Thuren Adjustable Front Track Bar, ARP CA625+ Head Studs, RevMax 68RFE High Performance Towing/HD Valve Body, RevMax 68RFE ZeroStat Transmission Cooler Thermostatic Bypass.

6. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

That's a really good deal on OEM projectors.

Unfortunately my truck is a sport with the black projectors and I'm not impressed with the output of the light from them.

It is very yellowish I guess is the term and I feel they are dim.

I am interested in hearing your thoughts on how they compare to the quads once you make the switch.

I have done some research on bulb upgrades but seems like anything else the ones that seem to work the best are somewhat pricey.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 Granite Crystal Laramie Sport 4x4 CCSB
    Thuren 2.75 front with Fox RR/ 1.0 rear with .75 spacer and King 2.0/ Thuren frt/Rear track bars
    American Racing ATX AX202 18x9 5"bs 35X12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    ARE Camper Top

8. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I have quads but have led bulbs from headlight revolution.

They produce around 7000 lum.

They are made for reflector housing.

They make led bulbs for OEM projectors too.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

10. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    I have quads but have led bulbs from headlight revolution.

They produce around 7000 lum.

They are made for reflector housing.

They make led bulbs for OEM projectors too.
    Yeah I've looked at there stuff.

The light output is impressive.

It seems to get really good reviews also.

Issue is with my OCD LOL.

By the time I do low and high beam along with fog lights so they all look uniform it's about $700-800.

At that point I begin to look at the Morimoto led headlights.

I know they are still a good bit more than the bulb upgrade but I sure like the way they look.

Thuren 2.75 front with Fox RR/ 1.0 rear with .75 spacer and King 2.0/ Thuren frt/Rear track bars
    ARE Camper Top

12. Thanks DIESELWRKS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

To be honest because the low beams are so good w the led.

I never use high beam anymore.

I prefer amber for my fogs.

I have amber bulbs in fogs.

Soon I will be putting either amber leds from headlight revolution.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I was kind of thinking that as well.

I might just do low beams and see.

I've got a amber light bar in the bumper already, the authorities around here have been pulling me over any time it's on so I just choose not to use it any more.

Might be worth a try swapping the fogs.

Thanks for that idea.

ARE Camper Top

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post