Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Anyone Know a Good Trans (68RFE) Rebuilder Around Baton Rouge LA?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Anyone Know a Good Trans (68RFE) Rebuilder Around Baton Rouge LA?

I've got a 14 RAM 2500 Cummins, had the snowball effect happen recently.

First, the turbo actuator went out, and then the trans will no longer lock the torque converter.

When I removed the actuator to ensure the actuator arm was still free, it was.

So reinstalled the bad actuator and went to refill the coolant.

With the truck on high idle to warm up so I could add all the coolant back, the truck started chugging white smoke, letting me know I had injectors sticking open!

So I've installed a City Diesel Actuator, Big bank stage 0.75 injectors I think that are 33% over or something and put ARP 425 studs in a while doing that.

Now I'm ready to get the trans fixed!

Looking for a somewhat local rebuilder and trying to figure out what exactly to upgrade in the trans.

I don't race the truck but tow up to 18k from time to time.

I currently have a RaceME Ultra, but I will get the DRD tunes when I do the trans.

I've been looking at the Revmax valve bodies to prevent cross leakage.

So, anyone knows someone in the area that can rebuild my trans and that's knowledgeable on the 68RFE regarding what upgrades need to be done?

I prefer to bring my truck to a shop and not deal with pulling the trans myself and dealing with shipping.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

Re: Anyone Know a Good Trans (68RFE) Rebuilder Around Baton Rouge LA?

I sent a PM.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Anyone Know a Good Trans (68RFE) Rebuilder Around Baton Rouge LA?

Did you find anyone local I live on the Northshore and am probably looking to rebuild soon an add a ats valve body.