Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  45
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drop Hitch

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Drop Hitch

In the spring, we will sell our little camper, and with it will go the WDH hitch that I have.

Leaving me without a 'real' drop hitch.

My truck is leveled on 35's, so it sits a little higher. I have zero plans on going up any higher, but I'll need a good adjustable drop hitch.

I don't need one that can pull 20k pounds, as i don't own anything SUPER heavy.

Plans would be a trailer with an SxS on it.

Anything heavier than that will end up being a 5th wheel or gooseneck hitch.

Where should i order from or store to go to?

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

2. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

Re: Drop Hitch

I grabbed a hitch like this from U-Haul, but I was in a rush. We had just purchased our boat, and it was the only one I could find locally. I'm glad I got it and have had zero problems on my 2017 leveled with 35's.

Well, I can't post a link, but it's the Flash 6” drop Solid Steel Ball Mount - 12K Rating on the U-Haul webpage.

https://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies...ting/?id=21052

Last edited by Outbreak; 01-13-2021 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Added link

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Drop Hitch

Nice looking hitch!

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I can’t get the link to open?

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

8. Likes SyN liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    I can’t get the link to open?

The link took me to the U-Haul main page then had to search from there.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    The link took me to the U-Haul main page then had to search from there.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...cd4c5daab1.png

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Thanks Bob, that is a good looking hitch.

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

12. Likes SyN liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Thanks Bob, that is a good looking hitch.

Sure is and they have a 20K model also.

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, BubbaJo liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

https://www.etrailer.com/Ball-Mounts...AaAuj9EALw_wcB

Best hitch I have ever used. Plus gives you extra space if you want your tailgate down or have a short neck on the trailer. Love it! They put them on sale sometimes too think I paid 100 bucks.

16. Thanks Shusaim thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I have this one and the matching locking pins for it. So far I really like it.
    https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hit...2-00-2825.html

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

18. Thanks Shusaim thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I have a B&W Tow & stow and have been really happy with it. Three ball sizes and you can slide it around the bottom so it doesn't stick out, which is nice for parking in the garage. I had a rapid hitch before, which was also a good hitch, but the truck gets parked in the garage with about an inch of clearance from the rear bumper to the door. So I was taking it off and on a lot, the B&W can stay on when in the stowed position. They also use mag chloride on the roads here during the winter and that was taking a toll on the aluminum.

https://www.bwtrailerhitches.com/pro...ble-ball-mount

2011 Ram 3500 SLT, 6.7 Cummins. 4.10 gears 68RFE Transmission. RaceMe Ultra with Warp Tuning by DRD, DPF delete pipe, EGR delete. 4 inch superlift lift kit with Bilstein shocks, dual steering stabilizer. 35x12.5x20 Toyo AT3s on black KMC XD795 wheels. Fender flares, N-Fab 6 step nerf bars.
    Honestly it's just a tow rig...

20. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, SyN liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast