Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Tuning Questions - Emissions VS Full Delete

1. Top Of Page | #1

Tuning Questions - Emissions VS Full Delete

I want someone to help me understand the advantage of emissions-compliant tuning vs. full delete?

Other than the safe guard from controlling authorities.

I live in an area where they don't do emissions testing.

So I'm leaning towards a full delete, but I still have 30,000 miles until the factory warranty is up.

Is it worth the risk, or will i plug the factory exhaust and have to spend $$ anyway?

I tow a 7.5k trailer often, so I have not had any exhaust issues.

I have not had one issue since I purchased new in Jan of 2018.

I would like to have more power and better mileage if possible.

What would be your recommendation?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

I did not find a thread that talks much about emissions-compliant tuning.

2. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Tuning Questions - Emissions VS Full Delete

With intact tuning there is a greater chance you will plug it up, and warranty wont cover it. Towing can exacerbate the issue.

Putting your truck on a weight loss program will add more power, but the 1-2 mpg milage increase will not be enough to cover the cost of said weight loss.

The fun factor and piece of mind ... now that IMHO is worth the weight loss program to me. YMMV.

If I have not had any issues and still had 30k left on the warranty, I would not spend the $ on intact tuning. I would be going back and forth between leaving it as is or a full delete.

Then my decision is based on how long i plan to keep the vehicle. If i am trade it in every 5 years kinda person, then I'm going to leave it as is. If I planned on keeping for the long haul, then weight loss program it is. However, i would know going in, and be comfortable with the fact, that anything related to the drivetrain may or may not get covered under warranty depending on the dealer. And plan on a new Trans.

2016 RAM 2500 Laramie Mega Cab 4x4 - 2.5" Carli PinTop, RevMax Signature 700, FASS 165, Evilfab 2nd Gen swap w/ S464, 5" TBE & nut'n but engine under the hood
    2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax CC 4x4 - Complete Delete w/ FASS 150 | EZ Lync w/ PPEI SOTF
    2012 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax CC 4x4 - Bone Stock
    2004 & 2006 Ford F250 PowerJoke CC King Ranch 4x4 (aka "POS#1" & "POS #2") - Bought back by Ford @ 8k miles / 12K miles

4. Likes timshooter40, AK Bob, SyN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

I deleted at 1700miles on a new truck. I now have 120k. No issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6. Likes AK Bob, SyN, GravesDiesel liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

@IGOTACUMMINS please move behind closed door at your discretion.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
    Likes SyN liked this post