Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  16

Thread: Second SD Card for Backup

1. Top Of Page | #1

Second SD Card for Backup

My truck: 2016 2500 6.7 Megacab Larimer.

Still educating myself on the entire delete/tune world.

I appreciate everyone's help it is a lifesaver.

I have another question and I think it is a total noob question but can't find the answer to it on here so I will ask.

When I order my MM3 tuner, before downloading delete tunes I will first download the initial stock file to the SD card as instructed by DRD.

My question is:

Once the stock tune is downloaded to the original SD card that comes with an MM3 tuner.

Is it a good idea/possible to use another "new/blank" SD card to download stock tune as a backup to save stock tune?

I understand the original sd card will be the one I use to tune my truck with deletes. But is this something that any of you have done to make sure stock tune is saved in case anything goes wrong in the future?

I unfortunately, live in CA and will be returning my truck to stock every two years for smog.

Such as pain in the A$$ but can't stand this emission bs.

Thank you all!!

I appreciate you all! Stay safe.

Best,

Maxi

2. Likes Gerald636, AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Second SD Card for Backup

That’s a good tuner but I have the EZ Lynk and tuning is so simple.

Everything is cloud based if your need help you can talk to a tech chat or call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Maxibrobro View Post

I have another question and I think it is a total noob question but can't find the answer to it on here so I will ask.

When I order my MM3 tuner, before downloading delete tunes I will first download the initial stock file to the SD card as instructed by DRD.

My question is:

Once the stock tune is downloaded to the original SD card that comes with an MM3 tuner.

Is it a good idea/possible to use another "new/blank" SD card to download stock tune as a backup to save stock tune?

I understand the original sd card will be the one I use to tune my truck with deletes. But is this something that any of you have done to make sure stock tune is saved in case anything goes wrong in the future?

I unfortunately, live in CA and will be returning my truck to stock every two years for smog.

Thank you all!!

Best,

Maxi
    Its recommended yes.

Save it to your computer, Google drive, usb, sd, save it somewhere.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes AK Bob, Teflon liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Maxibrobro View Post

My question is:

Thank you all!!

Best,

Maxi
    Yes, download your stock file to your original SD card with tunes, then make a copy of your SD card and save it anywhere you like, the more backups the better, so you will always have a copy just Incase you ever need it.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Thanks Teflon thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Yes, download your stock file to your original SD card with tunes, then make a copy of your SD card and save it anywhere you like, the more backups the better, so you will always have a copy just Incase you ever need it.
    I believe this is the only answer because that original SD card will also have all of your tunes.

If you copy your stock file to an empty SD card, it will ONLY contain your stock file - NO tunes!

So download your stock file to the original SD card, then back it up, put a copy on a CD or DVD, and a copy on your computer and a copy in the cloud somewhere.

You get where I'm going.

2017 Ram 2500

10. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

Quote Originally Posted by Outbreak View Post
    I believe this is the only answer because that original SD card will also have all of your tunes.

If you copy your stock file to an empty SD card, it will ONLY contain your stock file - NO tunes!

So download your stock file to the original SD card, then back it up, put a copy on a CD or DVD, and a copy on your computer and a copy in the cloud somewhere.

You get where I'm going.
    Thank you and thank you all for commenting. I see where you are going.

My question has been answered.

best,

maxi

12. Likes AK Bob, Outbreak liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Email it to yourself and keep that email.

2013 CCSB 2500 G56 Tradesman

14. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

I just got mine installed.

After downloading the stock file, I created an image of the SD card.

Then I made two more SD cards with the image.

I keep one in the MM3, and another in the truck.

I keep the original SD card in my house.

I also have the SD card image on my computer, NAS and a copy on Google Drive.

2017 Ram 2500

16. Likes AK Bob liked this post