Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  11

Thread: EGR Delete?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

EGR Delete?

I'm about to order some tunes from DRD.

My question is do I have to delete the EGR and if not what are the advantages of deleting it?

My other question is what is the difference in sound from just inserting a 4" delete pipe vs buying a whole 4" system?

2. Thanks watersupply189, Murph thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: EGR Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by PRM View Post

My question is do I have to delete the EGR and if not what are the advantages of deleting it?

My other question is what is the difference in sound from just inserting a 4" delete pipe vs buying a whole 4" system?
    You don’t have to remove anything under the hood.

You can leave it and unplug the throttle valve.

The rest is shut off.

Advantages of removing system are creating more space in the engine bay and eliminating the risk of EGR cooler leak (coolant will still be routed through the cooler even though it’s not on/working.

Some notice a change in exhaust tone.

4” race pipes vs Full system there won’t be much difference, the big difference is if you go straight pipe vs muffler/resonator/both.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: EGR Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by PRM View Post

My thoughts, friend, were confirmed the first time I removed the entire EGR system for the scheduled cleaning.

I couldn't believe the amount of soot they want to go back into your engine in the name of environmental protection?

Talk about killing the long engine life these power plants are capable of.

Just my opinion but when the EPA implements the same measure for aircraft engines and the sheer volume of their emissions burning basically the same fuel, then I'll believe their hysteria.

Imagine this: Your annual fuel burn and then imagine what aviation puts out on a yearly basis.

One F-16 averages 1000 gallons for an averaged 1.5 - 2.0 hour flight, twice a day.

Just a for instance of course.

6. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Last edited by Murph; 01-08-2021 at 11:34 PM. Reason: couldn't link the video i wanted to share