I hope this is the right section to post. If not please move admin to the appropriate section.

I have a 2014 ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 Mega cab.

I am having issue with my remote unlock/lock, TPMS loosing signals with front tires, click map lights not working/very dim and “the fob has left the vehicle” when it is still in my pocket.

Read more below for history/background. But my question are: is there an Antenna for the key fob, TPMS across the top of the cab? Is there/ where are the grounds that I need to check? Would there be just a single wire across the top connecting the bed camera/bed light to the head unit that might come undone and separate from a harness? How hard is it to replace the receiver for the key fob in the truck and does that do more than just the unlock and remote functions?

In 2016 I was sideswiped and had to have drivers side doors, fenders, quarter panels replaced along with back sliding window and part of the left rear cab cut and replaced because of the damage. All the work leftover by Certified Mopar body and repair shop. $18k of damage and insurance would not total because the truck was too new and low miles.

Before the accident, there were no issues. After the accident, the map lights did not work properly or at all some times, however that was not a big deal so I let it go.

Fast forward to October 2020 and I tagged the left rear cab with a 5th wheel. (Long story, but not my first time pulling a 5er with this truck, but first time with new hitch and new 5er combo). It broke the sliding window and crushed a bit of the cab requiring a little body work.

Of note the Body shop said there was a wire in the ceiling that was cut and they had to reattach it to the bed light/camera. When I dropped off the truck for the bodywork, the camera was functioning correctly.

A couple days after I got the truck back from the body shop, I got the TPMS alert it lost contact with one wheel, then another and then after 10 min of driving, the signal was received again and the alert went away. Now this issue is consistent almost every time I drive the truck no matter the distance. The alert keeps going on and off. If it was the wheel sensors going bad, would not the signal be lost and stay lost?

About a day or so after I got the truck back from the body shop my remote started to not have the same distance it use to. Again it was working fine before I dropped off I replaced the battery in it two times now just to make sure. Initially I noticed my truck was unlocked when I returned and I know I locked it when I left. Some times I can be 5’ away and it work, other times I have to have the fob in my hand when I try the keyless proximity door handle tap to work. I can’t even get the truck to unlock when standing at the tailgate with the remote most times. Randomly I will get the “key fob has left the vehicle” alert while driving. The fob is still either in my pocket or sitting in the cup holder and is not recognized. Couple times I could not start the truck initially because the fob was not detected but a second or two later with another try the truck would start no problem.

The issues have become more than just an annoyance. I am looking for help to either track and fix myself or provide the info a dealer needs to track and fix. Because it is not 100% reputable or consistent, it is hard to show the issue to the tech.

Any ideas or direction is welcome. And Sorry for the long post. Wanted to get the info out and have as much of the story as possible as I believe it has something to do with a ground, the remote receiver or that “wire” that was found cut by the body shop. And are all the issues connected or perfect storm of them coming together.

-Karl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro