Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 2nd Gen Swap GTX4294R

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 2015 2nd Gen Swap GTX4294R

Looking good!

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2. Thanks steadly2004 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

Just to give a little update about drive ability and tune levels.

It seems the tow tune is perfectly usable but doesn’t light up the turbo as nicely as the higher level of tunes.

Seems to get better mileage with my short testing.

Also runs like 40-45 psi WOT.

Level 3, the street level is a little more Spicy.

Has a nice 45psi pull at WOT.

Level 4, the performance level increases this liveliness slightly more and makes the WOT 46-47 psi.

Level 5 tune is the best in terms of reacting to my throttle inputs and responding with the power in seeking. WOT lands squarely on the 47psi mark and holds steady.

Seems to get there the earliest.

Even with the highest tune I don’t see any smoke if I roll into the throttle.

Only if I jam the throttle down with low RPM’s.

I did notice at this level and cruising on the highway that mild-moderate throttle, even in cruise control, causes the EGT to creep from 800-1000 fairly quickly.

This resolves with a forced downshift EGTs go back to 600-800 range.

I’m imagining that with a lower gear and increases RPM the motor moves more air and doesn’t trap the heat, but I’m not 100%.

I haven’t really watched the EGT at WOT since I’m going fairly quick for a short period of time and watching the road and other gauges.

By the time I give it attention it’s at 800+or- and dropping.

I’m thinking this level is not recommended for stock transmissions, but when doing any of these I’m making sure I’m locked with the torque converter and out of 5/6th.

Haven’t had any slippage and seems to be holding for now.

I have to imagine that it’s making more power than level 5 with a stock setup.

I can’t say 100%, I assume it’s more air going in with less back pressure on the exhaust side.

Which “should” mean more clean air in and more spent exhaust out than a stock setup.

I would like to dyno it, but don’t know of any shops around here with dynometers that can put a load on them and know diesel trucks.

Gasser focused performance shops always have troubles with diesels from different videos I’ve watched online.

Anybody know of some dyno shops around the Charlotte, NC area?

I’d like to compare to stock tuned trucks on the same dyno location.

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

A little update. I got a check engine code yesterday.

Attachment 12734

the first code was coolant temp related.

I believe it was related to the coolant bypass.

Which has a thermostat that opens at 180*

The second code I had P238F I couldn’t find a description.

I shot the tuner a message and very quickly had a new .ecm file with the 2 codes turned off.

I cleared it last night and flashed today after I got home.

When I could ensure the batteries were fully charged and it all went smoothly.

Only time will tell, but I have confidence it will be good to go.

I was pretty skeptical about the new prices of tunes (compared to an autocal tune 5 years ago) but I gotta say the quick and resolving response is totally worth every penny.

Attached Images Attached Images

6. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12