Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: MM3 File Downloads and Apple Computers

1. Top Of Page | #1

MM3 File Downloads and Apple Computers

Hi guys,

I have seen that there is a forum thread on here speaking about using the MM3 tuner and Apple computers.

However, I wanted to see if anyone else had any more information on this topic.

I am doing all my homework before I order my mm3 and emission deletes from Ray at DRD.

I am doing this so when I get the tuner I can get my truck deleted in a relatively organized fashion.

I will first, like instructed, will download my stock file to my tuner and then as a "back up,"

I will download the stock file to my computer. Just in case something happens to the sd card or for some reason the stock file gets lost.

Thus, my question is, do any of you use an Apple computer with your MM3?

If yes, have you run into any issues? I have the latest mac computer.

Or do you recommend always use a PC as this is what Ray uses at least this is what I can see from all of his help videos.

Thank you for your help.

I hope everyone is well.

Best,
    Maxi

2. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

Backing up your card shouldn't be an issue.

It's when you have to reformat a card and put those files back on it.

You'd have to make sure it's formatted in the right file system (I'm not sure what the MM3 uses).

2017 Ram 2500

4. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Maxibrobro View Post
    Hi guys,

I have seen that there is a forum thread on here speaking about using the mm3 tuner and apple computers. However, I wanted to see if any one else had any more information on this topic.

I am doing all my homework before I order my mm3 and emission deletes from Ray at doubleRdiesel. I am doing this so when I get the tuner, I can get my truck deleted in a relatively organized fashion. I will first, like instructed, will download my stock file to my tuner and then as a "back up," I will download the stock file to my computer. Just in case something happens to the sd card or for some reason the stock file gets lost.

Thus, my question is, do any of you use an apple computer with your mm3? If yes, have you run into any issues? I have the latest mac computer.

Or do you recommend to always use a pc computer as this is what Ray uses...at least this is what I can see from all of his help videos.

Thank you for the help. I hope everyone is well.

Best,

Maxi
    I have used my Mac computer with Parallels and Windows 10 to run the MM3 agent and save copies of my SD card files.

I did learn recently and confirmed that this does leave hidden files in the backup folders that could cause trouble if copied back to the SD card and need to be deleted. (See link to post).

I haven’t tried setting up a dual boot that would allow me to either run Windows 10 or Mac OS alone, but I would imagine this will eliminate the hidden files issue.

MM3 Agent for Updating
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Top Of Page | #4

Thank you guys!!!

7. Likes AK Bob liked this post