Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: Fuel System Questions - Cummins 6.7L

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Fuel System Questions - Cummins 6.7L

I have a 12' 2500 with 100k+ miles on it that's pretty much stock besides a basic upgrades or deletes like Banks air intake, DPF delete, and the CA EGR delete in conjunction with H&S Mini Maxx tuner.

Currently I'm back to stock cause I had to re up my smog cert and I'm waiting to get my MM3 tuner set up from DRD.

I'm a daily driver who doesn't race, I do tow a 17k pound toy hauler and I guess occasionally I'll step on it to pass those hybrids who cruise below the speed limit in the fast lane but my issue is my stock fuel filter housing is leaking fuel/water from the back of the connections or O rings and I'm thinking of either deleting the stock housing or buying the FASS titanium signature series that's rated @100g and 0-600 hp.

My question is how is the install in comparison to each other?

Will I need to drop the fuel cell in order to install the FASS system or drill through the bottom to install a sump or is that only for the higher demand fuel systems?

Also what happens to the stock filter and housing once the FASS system is installed?

Thanks in advanced, respectfully,
    David

2012 Ram 2500 laramie DPF delete, CA egr delete, H&S mini maxx with trans tune 2.5" leveling kit from Icon w/2.5 piggy back shocks in the rear with ride tech air bags, towing 17' Cyclone 3600

2. Likes AK Bob, Murph, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Fuel System Questions - Cummins 6.7L

Hey David,

Sorry this thread never got going. With the Fass you can delete/omit the stock housing. It comes with new fuel line to feed CP3 so you can hook directly into it from the pump. You can get the delete block or just leave the housing there unhooked.

You can go the sump route and not have to drop the tank. I recommend loosening the straps to gain access to the wiring harness/plug a bit easier.

The sump kit I recommend from Beans Diesel is simple to install and bullet proof. They have a “beans diesel torture test” on YouTube from a while back showing how tough it really is.

I also would go with a 165 unit over the 100 even for a stock application.

Shoot me a PM for pricing if you haven’t made it that far yet.

Keep us posted!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, VTA_slug, Murph, Mdavlee, timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info.

I ended up doing some reading and called a few diesel shops and I'm getting the system installed next week.

I'll talk to them about installing the 165.. again thx for the information!

2012 Ram 2500 laramie DPF delete, CA egr delete, H&S mini maxx with trans tune 2.5" leveling kit from Icon w/2.5 piggy back shocks in the rear with ride tech air bags, towing 17' Cyclone 3600

6. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, SyN, timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Installed and purs like a kitten!

8. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, timshooter40, Abgunnar liked this post