Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18

Thread: Injector Size For Compounds

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Injector Size For Compounds

Happy new year everyone,

I'm looking to see if anyone has suggestions on injector size with an s363SXE and S475 with 10mm CP3 and I already have 90hp nozzles but I'm trying to see if it's worth it to go to like a 130 or 150 hp injectors.

Also, I have my tank sumped and a FASS 165, plus all the top end goodies.

Thinking of 750 to 800hp level.

Not sure what we're at now but it feels good in the mid and top-end did the tuning.

I talked with Ray before and he said my injectors were maxed out on tune 5, so just trying to see what you guys thought.

Thanks in advance.

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

2. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Injector Size For Compounds

Quote Originally Posted by Bpbertolacini View Post
    Happy new year everyone,

I'm looking to see if anyone has suggestions on injector size with an s363SXE and S475 with 10mm CP3 and I already have 90hp nozzles but I'm trying to see if it's worth it to go to like a 130 or 150 hp injectors.

Not sure what we're at now but it feels good in the mid and top-end did the tuning.

I talked with Ray before and he said my injectors were maxed out on tune 5, so just trying to see what you guys thought.

Thanks in advance.
    Go a little bigger that what is needed so you have a little head room.

I would at least go 150 if not bigger.

Talk with @DDP about it.

I went 200% overs on my s364 s488 compound set up and I have a little reserve in case I feel like letting it have it all.

I also did nitrous progressive controller.

Just a diesel enthusiast helping others:
    2015 3500 Mega Cab Aisin Leveled on 35's.
    2018 3500 Crew Cab G56 leveled on 35’s
    2021 3500 Mega Cab HO Aisin screaming eagles..

4. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Happy new year everyone,

Thanks in advance.
    I would think you’re over 700hp on a max effort tune.

Would depend on the dyno operator etc.

If you went bigger I’d say look at BBI 1.5s and they’ll cover you to 900hp.

It’s best to oversize your injectors a bit especially if they are being run at full tilt somewhat regularly.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Nice, how do u like your 64 over 88?

Any lag or does it come on most mid to high I would assume.

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

8. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Nice, how do u like your 64 over 88 any lag or does it come on mostly mid to high I would assume
    They way it’s set up with the nitrous.

I have very little lag and it’s lbf. I can build boost quickly and I have lots of top end power.

10. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    I would think you’re over 700hp on a max effort tune.

Would depend on the dyno operator etc.

If you went bigger I’d say look at BBI 1.5s and they’ll cover you to 900hp.

It’s best to oversize your injectors a bit especially if they are being run at full tilt somewhat regularly.
    Yeah, going over would be the plan just a little bit don't want to go overboard.

The 1.5s would work for sure.

I also have a stock bottom end so I'm probably playing with fire.

12. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cam95 View Post
    The way it’s set up with the nitrous.

I have very little lag and it’s life.

I can build boost quickly and I have lots of top-end power.
    Sounds like an awesome setup.

I will not be doing nitrous that's definitely out of my league as it's a daily driver tow rig at times.

I just did the 63 SXE swap from the VGT and I can notice spool up is a little slower.

I got to keep it in 4th on the back roads to keep the power-up.

It comes alive when you start putting your foot down.

It runs out of road most of the time.

Just playing around though, never have I put it to the floor too much.

14. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Sounds like an awesome setup.

I will not be doing nitrous that's definitely out of my league as it's a daily driver tow rig at times.

I just did the 63 SXE swap from the VGT and I can notice spool up is a little slower.

I got to keep it in 4th on the back roads to keep the power-up.

It comes alive when you start putting your foot down.

It runs out of road most of the time.

Just playing around though, never have I put it to the floor too much.
    I didn’t go nitrous right away. I worked with the tuner to get less lag with logs back and forth. It took a good couple revisions to get it right. I’m contemplating on adding a turbo to my stock VGT on my 21 already and I don’t have more than 100 miles on it.

16. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cam95 View Post
    I didn’t go nitrous right away. I worked with the tuner to get less lag with logs back and forth. It took a good couple revisions to get it right. I’m contemplating on adding a turbo to my stock VGT on my 21 already and I don’t have more than 100 miles on it.
    That's awesome, I need to do some data logging as well but not so computer friendly.

Yeah once u go compounds or add a turbo it's like why go back to one.

Good choice, thanks for the info.

18. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post