Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  19

Thread: 24K Mile CP4 Teardown

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

24K Mile CP4 Teardown

So I recently did the S&S Diesel CP3 swap on my 2019 RAM 2500.

I decided to tear apart the CP4 and see how things looked inside.

Some things worth mentioning.

I only purchased my fuel from high volume gas stations and I replaced my fuel filters with OEM filters every 10k miles and used Archoil additive at every fill-up.

This fuel pump has 24k miles.

I found very little if any wear on the rollers.

They were still oriented in the correct position and the cam lobe appeared to be in good condition.

Overall, I found nothing that concerned me but still glad I decided to swap in a CP3 for peace of mind.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 24K Mile CP4 Teardown

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWhistle View Post
    So I recently did the S&S Diesel CP3 swap on my 2019 Ram 2500.

I decided to tear apart the CP4 and see how things looked inside.

Some things worth mentioning. I only purchased my fuel from high volume gas stations , I replaced my fuel filters with OEM filters every 10k miles and used Archoil additive at every fill up.

This fuel pump has 24k miles. I found very little if any wear on the rollers. They were still oriented in the correct position and the cam lobe appeared to be in good condition.

Overall , I found nothing that concerned me but still glad I decided to swap in a CP3 for peace of mind.

Yours looks great and I'm glad you noted that the rollers weren't turned inside the bucket.
    I too only buy from high volume stations and use a quality alcohol free additive, it goes a long way. Great little write up you done, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Likes Gerald636, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

From what I understand these CP4 pumps either work or implode from within - taking out many other (Fuel System) components with it.

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

5. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I started using HotShots EDT months back , anyone have good luck with it or what is everyone recommending on here for Diesel additive ???

I’m a 17 year Petroleum Fuel Technician in North Carolina and I see the harmful effects of Low sulfur diesel and Ethanol blended fuels Daily !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I run 6oz of Alliant Power (UltraGuard) / along with 4oz of EDT @ every fill up during the summer months.
    I run 4oz of Alliant Power (UltraGuard) / along with 4oz of Hot Shots Secret (Diesel Winter Anti-Gel) & 2oz EDT @ every fill up during the winter months.

At the end of Winter & Spring - I will add 16oz of HSS (Diesel Extreme) with a full tank.
    You can say I have some what of a Diesel Additive Fetish!

But I will be honest --> " I can defiantly tell (Hear & Feel) through the the drivers seat - when I don't add anything and just run a tank of straight ULSD". = Old Man Placebo Affect!

Call me Crazy --> a Full Blown - Even though Most will say Diesel Additives are NOT Necessary - But my Common Sense tells me --> Thousands of things are NOT Necessary in this Psychotic World we live in - 3 things that come to mind (Drugs / Cigarettes / Snuff) -- Thousands of $$$ wasted every day of the year.
    So Please - No Preaching to me ---> (Diesel Additives are NOT Necessary & I'm just wasting my $$$) it will fall upon Deaf Ears really really Fast.

Just because YOU don't run them - Don't think I shouldn't either!

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

9. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I run Archoil products. AR6200 (Now AR6500) during the summer AR6300 during the winter.

I also add AR6400-D every 3,000 miles.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

11. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post