Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  44
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Think I Blew The Turbo

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: I Think I Blew The Turbo

Those are all good choices an underrated Kit IMO is BD Rumble B kit.

Arguably the most complete kit on the market and price point is really competitive if not the best.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Those are all good choices an underrated Kit IMO is BD Rumble B kit.

Arguably the most complete kit on the market and price point is really competitive if not the best.
    What does the BD kit that the WC FAB kit doesnt? Does the BD come with a cast or billet manifold?

2012 Laramie Megacab 4x4 68RFE "Big Stupid", 4.5 in Rancho Lift, 18 in Procomp Black Stryker
    35 in Toyo M/Ts, Single "Tow" Tune with Trans Tune, EGR Delete; DPF Delete, Custom 4 in Race Pipe (Stock Muffler)
    S&B Intake, Moog Steering Links and U-Joints, Dynatrac Ball Joints, Yukon Free-Spin Kit

4. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beef_taco View Post
    What does the BD kit that the WC FAB kit doesnt? Does the BD come with a cast or billet manifold?
    Off the top of my head it’s a Cast 2 piece I believe (maybe 3). Coolant re-route hose for riser delete and enclosed air filter box which most kits are open to engine bay

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Off the top of my head it’s a Cast 2 piece I believe (maybe 3). Coolant re-route hose for riser delete and enclosed air filter box which most kits are open to engine bay
    I dunno man, with the WC Fab being at 3700 but it comes with a speed steed billet manifold and the fleece coolant bypass.

Looking at the BD bypass, it doesn't really compare.

Is the airbox really a plus?

The main thing i see the BD has over the WC fab is the fact that the exhaust housing is a 1.1 over the .9 for the 467 turbos.

Me personally, I would go with a 1.0 but I’ll be getting a turbo from another source.

2012 Laramie Megacab 4x4 68RFE "Big Stupid", 4.5 in Rancho Lift, 18 in Procomp Black Stryker
    35 in Toyo M/Ts, Single "Tow" Tune with Trans Tune, EGR Delete; DPF Delete, Custom 4 in Race Pipe (Stock Muffler)
    S&B Intake, Moog Steering Links and U-Joints, Dynatrac Ball Joints, Yukon Free-Spin Kit

8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I dunno man, with the WC Fab being at 3700 but it comes with a speed steed billet manifold and the fleece coolant bypass.

Looking at the BD bypass, it doesn't really compare.

Is the airbox really a plus?

The main thing i see the BD has over the WC fab is the fact that the exhaust housing is a 1.1 over the .9 for the 467 turbos.

Me personally, I would go with a 1.0 but I’ll be getting a turbo from another source.
    The air box will help keep IAT down relative to being open but it’s not a huge performance game changer. The BD is more of a value which is why I mentioned it. Yes the WC fab kit will look much higher end because it is as you mentioned with the steed speed and fleece parts. Depending on what website you look there are different turbo options available for you, I am about certain I could get you a kit with a 1.0 housing if that’s what you are wanting.

Im not sure if the WC has stainless fasteners included but those I would recommend to finish it off

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, timshooter40 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

The air box will help keep IAT down relative to being open but it’s not a huge performance game changer. The BD is more of a value which is why I mentioned it. Yes the WC fab kit will look much higher end because it is as you mentioned with the steed speed and fleece parts. Depending on what website you look there are different turbo options available for you, I am about certain I could get you a kit with a 1.0 housing if that’s what you are wanting.

Im not sure if the WC has stainless fasteners included but those I would recommend to finish it off
    Ya, maybe I just want the WC fab kit. Lets be honest, it sure is eye candy.

It may be a bit before I'm ready to throw down a bunch of money, I still want to at least take the stock turbo off and give it a look around as well as look the exhaust side of the block really well to make sure I didn't bust anything else.

Now with all of this said, I'm going to have to look at a transmission.

I am already running 60% over injectors on a stock pump and adding a S467 is going to take a toll on my stock tranny.

What kind of power do you think I will be pushing so I can look into the correct transmission.

My tune guy is saying just go straight for the Revmax 850 but that's a whole lot of coin.

11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I Think I Blew The Turbo

Ya, maybe I just want the WC fab kit. Lets be honest, it sure is eye candy.

It may be a bit before I'm ready to throw down a bunch of money, I still want to at least take the stock turbo off and give it a look around as well as look the exhaust side of the block really well to make sure I didn't bust anything else.

Now with all of this said, I'm going to have to look at a transmission.

I am already running 60% over injectors on a stock pump and adding a S467 is going to take a toll on my stock tranny.

What kind of power do you think I will be pushing so I can look into the correct transmission.

My tune guy is saying just go straight for the Revmax 850 but that's a whole lot of coin.
    I would look into red horse transmissions.

The owner Dallas penn builds a great unit and so does Randy transmission.

Dallas is setting records with the 68RFE.

Just a diesel enthusiast helping others:
    2015 3500 Mega Cab Aisin Leveled on 35's.
    2018 3500 Crew Cab G56 leveled on 35’s
    2021 3500 Mega Cab HO Aisin screaming eagles..

12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cam95 View Post
    I would look into red horse transmissions.

The owner Dallas penn builds a great unit and so does Randy transmission.

Dallas is setting records with the 68RFE.
    Thanks for the heads up. I have seen pretty much nothing but revmax and nextgen here on this site so I figured those two were my best options but man revmax is pricey. Im sure for good reason as well, but this potential 2nd gen swap is going to put a dent in the coin purse then immediately following it up with a tranny is going to cause a divorce. Maybe if I can win her over with the teal PC piping from WC hell I dunno. Any ideas what kind of power I am potentially running with the injectors and 2nd gen?

13. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Thanks for the heads up. I have seen pretty much nothing but revmax and nextgen here on this site so I figured those two were my best options but man revmax is pricey. Im sure for good reason as well, but this potential 2nd gen swap is going to put a dent in the coin purse then immediately following it up with a tranny is going to cause a divorce. Maybe if I can win her over with the teal PC piping from WC hell I dunno. Any ideas what kind of power I am potentially running with the injectors and 2nd gen?
    I’d say depending on turbo and injector size 67.7 depending on exhaust housing can go anywhere from 750-900 ish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a diesel enthusiast helping others:
    2015 3500 Mega Cab Aisin Leveled on 35's.
    2018 3500 Crew Cab G56 leveled on 35’s
    2021 3500 Mega Cab HO Aisin screaming eagles..

14. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cam95 View Post
    I’d say depending on turbo and injector size 67.7 depending on exhaust housing can go anywhere from 750-900 ish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Currently have 60% over injectors and looking at the WC Fab with S467.7 with 1.0 housing. They dont offer the turbo but I got a turbo guy that I'll be getting the charger from. Also, stock CP3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast