Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  39
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Persistent AT Issue

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Persistent AT Issue

I have replaced the IAT sensor, charged my batteries, checked the wiring for any issues, and still cannot seem to get the sensor to read anything other than 260 degrees.

It's causing a P0111 code and causing the grid heater to no longer activate.

It's been single digits at night, and while I'm at work, it's become difficult to start the truck.

If I upload the stock file then reinstall the current tune, would it reset everything?

Or, would disconnecting the batteries work?

Or, since my batteries went into battery saver quite a few times before I installed the genius 2, do I need to replace batteries?

Does anyone got any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

2. Likes timshooter40, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Persistent AT Issue

These trucks do not like voltage problems, voltage issues bring on other problems.

Sometimes it is as simple as cleaning the battery post, other times its time to replace batteries.

I would do a load test on batteries and see if bad, if so replace both and go from there to see if problems cures itself or issue is still there.

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 ,Cat fuel filter delete with water seperator. Thuren suspension
    with Fox IFP shocks, thuren sway bar, rear track bar and front track bar, Warn 12k winch , custom winch mount, REVMAX trans pan,HD valve body and thermal bypas. Leer truck topper,Exotic head studs, Engine enhancements by the cummins whisper.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 18ram67 View Post
    I have replaced the IAT sensor, charged my batteries, checked the wiring for any issues, and still cannot seem to get the sensor to read anything other than 260 degrees.

It's causing a P0111 code and causing the grid heater to no longer activate.

It's been single digits at night, and while I'm at work, it's become difficult to start the truck.

If I upload the stock file then reinstall the current tune, would it reset everything?

Or, would disconnecting the batteries work?

Or, since my batteries went into battery saver quite a few times before I installed the genius 2, do I need to replace batteries?

Does anyone got any suggestions?

Did you load test them individually like recommended in the last post you had?

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    Did you load test them individually like recommended in the last post you had?
    I did load check them. I figured after charge they'd be gtg. They're not. So I replaced them. Same issue. Incase a reminder is needed - the intake manifold temp is reading approx 20 degrees warmer than outside while the ambient air temp sensor is still pegged at 260. No more. No less. For a brief moment in time, the temp was reading correctly post battery replacement and then spiked again and has stayed.

I don't have any idea if it has anything to do with the iat sensor or the p0111 code, however, since I got the p0111 code either the intake, ambient temp or both were pegged at 260 at one time or another. After replacing iat it now reads - what I'm assuming to be - the proper temp however I still have the p0111 code. I have also noticed the grid heater has been working intermittently usually corresponding to the temp of ambient air sensor is reading upon startup.

Iat sensor has been replaced. Wires checked and everything is good. The code was sent 12 hrs after replacing cai with a wherli intake. I also have the battery maintainer on the batteries at night.

I took a 30 min drive after replacing batteries.

Any new suggestions?

6. Likes timshooter40, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I did load check them. I figured after charge they'd be gtg. They're not. So I replaced them. Same issue. Incase a reminder is needed - the intake manifold temp is reading approx 20 degrees warmer than outside while the ambient air temp sensor is still pegged at 260. No more. No less. For a brief moment in time, the temp was reading correctly post battery replacement and then spiked again and has stayed.

I don't have any idea if it has anything to do with the iat sensor or the p0111 code, however, since I got the p0111 code either the intake, ambient temp or both were pegged at 260 at one time or another. After replacing iat it now reads - what I'm assuming to be - the proper temp however I still have the p0111 code. I have also noticed the grid heater has been working intermittently usually corresponding to the temp of ambient air sensor is reading upon startup.

Iat sensor has been replaced. Wires checked and everything is good. The code was sent 12 hrs after replacing cai with a wherli intake. I also have the battery maintainer on the batteries at night.

I took a 30 min drive after replacing batteries.

Any new suggestions?

So from what I can gather you have replaced the temperature sensor just after the air box. I would now go ahead and replace the one on the Intake manifold as shown in attachment. The only other thing I would suggest is to reinstall the CIA to see if the code is still there.

Sensor Intake Air.jpg

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Thanks timshooter40, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes 18ram67, timshooter40, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    So from what I can gather you have replaced the temperature sensor just after the air box. I would now go ahead and replace the one on the Intake manifold as shown in attachment. The only other thing I would suggest is to reinstall the CIA to see if the code is still there.

Sensor Intake Air.jpg

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Is that going to be the one on the elbow going from intercooler to engine? - I believe they call it a MAP sensor?

Disregard the fact the sensor is unplugged, is that the correct location? That's on the backside of intake elbow on driver's side.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Is that going to be the one on the elbow going from intercooler to engine? - I believe they call it a MAP sensor?

Disregard the fact the sensor is unplugged, is that the correct location? That's on the backside of intake elbow on driver's side. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...744dab3009.jpg

Hard to tell from the graphic, but I would look for a connector with the wire colors Brown/white and Dark Blue/Light Green as shown in connector diagram attached.

Connector Detail.jpg

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

12. Likes timshooter40, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Intake Air Wiring.jpg

14. Likes timshooter40, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Disregard the fact the sensor is unplugged, is that the correct location? That's on the backside of intake elbow on driver's side. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...744dab3009.jpg

Yes this is your map sensor. @AK Bob is referring to the air intake temp sensor on the intake plenum next to the fuel rail.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

16. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes timshooter40, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Does the truck use data coming from the ambient temp sensor - what it sounds like is mounted in driver's side mirror arm - in combination with these other sensors to determine temp of air for motor? Basically, is the ambient temp sensor in the loop of the others which, if it's reading improperly, causing the rationality issue?

18. Likes timshooter40, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast