Quote Originally Posted by 18ram67 View Post
I did load check them. I figured after charge they'd be gtg. They're not. So I replaced them. Same issue. Incase a reminder is needed - the intake manifold temp is reading approx 20 degrees warmer than outside while the ambient air temp sensor is still pegged at 260. No more. No less. For a brief moment in time, the temp was reading correctly post battery replacement and then spiked again and has stayed.

I don't have any idea if it has anything to do with the iat sensor or the p0111 code, however, since I got the p0111 code either the intake, ambient temp or both were pegged at 260 at one time or another. After replacing iat it now reads - what I'm assuming to be - the proper temp however I still have the p0111 code. I have also noticed the grid heater has been working intermittently usually corresponding to the temp of ambient air sensor is reading upon startup.

Iat sensor has been replaced. Wires checked and everything is good. The code was sent 12 hrs after replacing cai with a wherli intake. I also have the battery maintainer on the batteries at night.

I took a 30 min drive after replacing batteries.

Any new suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
So from what I can gather you have replaced the temperature sensor just after the air box. I would now go ahead and replace the one on the Intake manifold as shown in attachment. The only other thing I would suggest is to reinstall the CIA to see if the code is still there.

Sensor Intake Air.jpg

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk