Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Where Is The Horn On These 3rd Gen Cummins Trucks

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Where Is The Horn On These 3rd Gen Cummins Trucks

I can hear it but can't locate it.

Like where are they hhahahahahahaha?

My wife bought me a spartan electronic air horn and I wanna hook it up to the factory wires, but can not locate it.

Does anyone know?

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

2. Likes AK Bob, timshooter40, Murph liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Where Is The Horn On These 3rd Gen Cummins Trucks

From the research I did it should be right behind the driver’s side headlight, you may have to pull the splash guard.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Likes timshooter40, Murph liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Where Is The Horn On These 3rd Gen Cummins Trucks

Keep us posted- I believe AKBob is onto something- I have had an ooooagahhh to go in there but haven’t got around to it

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

ya i said fogettabout the horn direct hookup ,,went with a lightbar wiring harness only costed me 30 bucks LOL everything is done already LOL even comes with a on/off switch ,,but not the kind of switch im looking for so bought a billet momentary chrome switch so nice ,,just gona splice it and run that switch where my cig lighter is in the bezal ....

ive already ran all the wiring and hooked up electric air horn ,,and it sounds like a g a y man screaming LOL so just ordered a audew trumpet horn from ebay ,,i actually heard it after a guy hooked one up on youtube and sounds great ,,so at least i have the wiring all done up for when the new horn comes just do a direct swap LOL ...,,,,,but anyways i wouldve went with the big setup but got way to much shtuff on this truck alredy to have that compressor hanging around ,,,just want something simple and clean

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

8. Thanks Murph thanked for this post
    Likes Murph, timshooter40 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerDave View Post
    ya i said fogettabout the horn direct hookup ,,went with a lightbar wiring harness only costed me 30 bucks LOL everything is done already LOL even comes with a on/off switch ,,but not the kind of switch im looking for so bought a billet momentary chrome switch so nice ,,just gona splice it and run that switch where my cig lighter is in the bezal ....

ive already ran all the wiring and hooked up electric air horn ,,and it sounds like a g a y man screaming LOL so just ordered a audew trumpet horn from ebay ,,i actually heard it after a guy hooked one up on youtube and sounds great ,,so at least i have the wiring all done up for when the new horn comes just do a direct swap LOL ...,,,,,but anyways i wouldve went with the big setup but got way to much shtuff on this truck alredy to have that compressor hanging around ,,,just want something simple and clean
    Thanks for the update- I hear you on using a different harness, I have had the intentions of factory wiring some fog lights and other upgrades but it’s usually cheaper and actually cleaner the way you did it. Hopefully the new horn will blow you away....see what I did there?

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

i am gonna wire my led fog lights into my factory wiring harness as its right there already LOL so hopefully that works good without reisiters ,,im sure they will i picked up the briteled.ca ledfocus kit ,,should be direct plug n play
    Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Thanks for the update- I hear you on using a different harness, I have had the intentions of factory wiring some fog lights and other upgrades but it’s usually cheaper and actually cleaner the way you did it. Hopefully the new horn will blow you away....see what I did there?

12. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Your spelling out the word busted me up Dave...Too funny

14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

i am gonna wire my led fog lights into my factory wiring harness as its right there already LOL so hopefully that works good without reisiters ,,im sure they will i picked up the briteled.ca ledfocus kit ,,should be direct plug n play
    I was looking to use the upfitter setup.

If you’re trucks not equipped with it By the time you buy the new switches for the dash, harnesses, and fuse box your way better off old school.

Hopefully yours work out how you want them.

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

15. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

you no the fog light harness thats already there for the stock fog lights right ? thats what im gonna wire the led foglights into so i can use my headlight switch ,,minaswell use it ,,,i never use the fog lights ,,just wanna fill up the holes in the bumper LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    I was looking to use the upfitter setup.

If you’re trucks not equipped with it By the time you buy the new switches for the dash, harnesses, and fuse box your way better off old school.

Hopefully yours work out how you want them.

17. Likes timshooter40 liked this post