Hello all, I have an 04 3500 SRW 4x4 lifted, has injectors, turbos, fass, CP3, intercooler, pusher piping and intake horn, oil and coolant bypass, smarty touch with custom tuning.

I did have a fully built trans, never gave me an issue except some electrical stuff last year--> it was going into lockup in 1st and wouldn't lockup in 4th and shifts were smooth couldn't even feel them.

Driving the other night, I left a red light and the truck seemed sluggish, like it was taking extra juice to get it up to speed. at around 40 mph the truck revved up but quit making progress on speed.

I let off the throttle and eased back into it to see and it picked back up like normal, no more problems except the one time I did slow down it was pushing the brakes like the converter locked up in first.. when I got where I was going, I discovered the truck would shift into reverse but wouldn't move/no change in engine sound. I was able to get around the reverse issue for the time and when I left there to go home, the truck now wouldn't shift out of second and was going into lockup in first gear as it had when I pulled in. luckily I didn't have too far to go and I babied it. its now parked in my yard. full of fluid, fluid is clear and red but smells a little burnt on the dipstick. (ATF+4 always smells a little burnt to me, but I believe its a burnt smell) I haven't towed/hauled much as ive been really busy with work and new house and all.

I don't hot rod it, I just drive normal.

I got into an accident about 6 months ago, before that I had a fully built trans. the accident cracked the case and tore cooler lines and a bunch of wires up ( a piece of steel fell off a truck on interstate and it came my direction, went under truck). they replaced the trans, and I asked if they could put back what was there, they said they would have to approve through insurance and I never heard too much else except they approved what they asked for. allegedly a better converter, valve body, billet input shaft and upgraded electronics. they also kept my hi capacity pan and put on new one.

I've run very mild tuning and driven modestly as I know this transmission surely isn't as sturdy as what I had. I'm trying to get time to build another like I did before, but in the meantime, is there any chance this could just be the electronics? or does the lack of reverse point to further that might mean a full blown overhaul?

I know they play a part with the lockup issues.

I'll be able to pull the pan off on Christmas Eve and see, but just trying to prepare myself and see if anyone has any ideas