Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  131
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 6.7L Cummins Going Back To A CP3?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2021 6.7L Cummins Going Back To A CP3?

It looks like a lot of the 2021 6.7L Cummins have been hitting dealer lots and there's lots of pics and videos going around of the engine bay showing the CP4 is no longer equipped on these vehicles.

It appears to be a CP3.

Can anyone confirm?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

It looks like a CP3 and is certainly not a CP4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, timshooter40, SyN liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I hope that means they will do a recall on the CP4 trucks...

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg

5. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    I hope that means they will do a recall on the CP4 trucks...

Greg
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
    I do to for customers sake. Dodge should have never left the reliability of the CP3 but kudos to them for acknowledging it. I'd be game for a 2020 for the right price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

All I can say is it is a new part number I am waiting to get my hands on a vehicle at the dealer so I can tell what they are. From what I have seen it doesn’t look to be a Bosch part and I’m wondering if it is denso. Like gm did for the 17 up trucks. Which is a hp4 just as reliable as the CP3.

Just a diesel enthusiast helping others:
    2015 3500 Mega Cab Aisin Leveled on 35's.
    2018 3500 Crew Cab G56 leveled on 35’s
    2021 3500 Mega Cab HO Aisin screaming eagles..

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cam95 View Post
    All I can say is it is a new part number I am waiting to get my hands on a vehicle at the dealer so I can tell what they are. From what I have seen it doesn’t look to be a Bosch part and I’m wondering if it is denso. Like gm did for the 17 up trucks. Which is a hp4 just as reliable as the CP3.
    I just hope they’ll swap it out and not void warranties for people already losing weight on their trucks

9. Likes timshooter40, AK Bob, Murph, SyN, JBoatright liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mdavlee View Post
    I just hope they’ll swap it out and not void warranties for people already losing weight on their trucks
    From what has came down the line so far is the 19-20 will not swap over since the pump and engine lines and everything are not the same. There are some major changes to what they did in 21. As many already know FCA will not warranty a cp4 at all. An contamination no matter what it is is a failure and will void warranty. I have went all the way to star at Cummins and they state if gas or water or anything gets in the fuel the fuel system warranty is voided and you have to claim it against your insurance. Cummins wasn’t happy footing a few bills and went at FCA and said you choose the pump it’s your problem. So they decided to not cover them. Ford doesn’t warranty cp4 failures at all.

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

i lost my warrenty 3 months after i bought my 07.5 in 08 ,,LOL alot of us did just by doing a cold air intake ,,,,,funny thing is after i deleted the 6.7 in 08 ,,we paved the road for the newbies and new trucks goin forward ,,,the service manager told all his clients to contact me on cummins forum LOL to tell them what i did to my truck 6 months after he voided my warrenty the pos ....

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cam95 View Post
    From what has came down the line so far is the 19-20 will not swap over since the pump and engine lines and everything are not the same. There are some major changes to what they did in 21. As many already know FCA will not warranty a cp4 at all. An contamination no matter what it is is a failure and will void warranty. I have went all the way to star at Cummins and they state if gas or water or anything gets in the fuel the fuel system warranty is voided and you have to claim it against your insurance. Cummins wasn’t happy footing a few bills and went at FCA and said you choose the pump it’s your problem. So they decided to not cover them. Ford doesn’t warranty cp4 failures at all.
    I’m pretty well set on trading the truck or CP3 swapping it.

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mdavlee View Post
    I’m pretty well set on trading the truck or CP3 swapping it
    Mines already traded in I’m waiting for the 2022 for a full redesign.

I have many other trucks I can drive till their do a redesign on the outside.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast