Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  34
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Updated Mopar Drag Link VS Synergy Drag Link?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Updated Mopar Drag Link VS Synergy Drag Link?

Hello forum friends I have a question.

I have a 2015 2500 and have been unfortunate due to FCA's crappy excuse for a tsb repair on the drag link where they weld the nuts to the adjustment sleeve.

I see that Mopar has an updated link which my local dealer wants $430 and some change for and I see synergy makes a hd replacement for $350.

I am stumped on which drag link I should go with as I can't stand what their "fix" supposedly was not to mention the welds are hideous and just seems subpar to me.

I took the truck in for alignment and it was off and the steering wheel is now cocked to one side with no way to correct it with what they've done.

Should I go with the new Mopar and still be able to repair later on with local factory parts or go aftermarket and hope I can get parts for it in the future if need be and what are your thoughts on the synergy drag link for those of you who have or have had them thanks!

2. Likes timshooter40, AK Bob, SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Updated Mopar Drag Link VS Synergy Drag Link?

I'd go with the synergy myself.

I can't imagine there being a situation where you wouldn't be able to replace the ends.

They are simple threaded tie rod ends.

2015 Ram 3500 CCSB SRW 4x4 G56
    2020 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 68RFE

Never ending project. Always adding something...

4. Thanks C-MAN thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Synergy hands down is a superior product. Shoot me a PM if you’d like to get one sent your way

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks C-MAN thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by C-MAN View Post
    Hello forum friends I have a question.

I have a 2015 2500 and have been unfortunate due to FCA's crappy excuse for a tsb repair on the drag link where they weld the nuts to the adjustment sleeve.

I see that Mopar has an updated link which my local dealer wants $430 and some change for and I see synergy makes a hd replacement for $350.

I am stumped on which drag link I should go with as I can't stand what their "fix" supposedly was not to mention the welds are hideous and just seems subpar to me.

I took the truck in for alignment and it was off and the steering wheel is now cocked to one side with no way to correct it with what they've done.

Should I go with the new Mopar and still be able to repair later on with local factory parts or go aftermarket and hope I can get parts for it in the future if need be and what are your thoughts on the synergy drag link for those of you who have or have had them thanks!
    Hands down synergy!

I put the synergy on my 2018 with less than 15k miles and am beyond pleased with it!

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes timshooter40, AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Synergy or Thuren.

End of thread.

Mopars option is trash.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

10. Thanks Murph thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

To ask a question on the Mopar replacement drag link.

I did not hear Mopar has come out with this.

Why would the owner be charged $ for their pardon the word, upgraded link?

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

12. Likes AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

The answer I got if your talking about the draglink part number 68338342AB. (May have changed but that's what I have saved)

That part number technicaly was not part of the 2013-2018 Rams so it doesn't count as a fix.

Reason being Ram/FCA computer has it set that the 2019 and up is a new truck not part of the 13-18 platform.

Then they can't guarantee that it will fit (spoiler it does) so nothing gets fixed and they avoid another recall.

Also my draglink was welded.

After probably a year of fighting I just got this email from doing the synergy myself.

Synergy Steering brace, Draglink, & Tie Rod, Thuren front leveling coils & Track bar, 5160 Bilstein Shocks, Banks CAI intake, LED everything, projector headlights, dieselfuelfilterkits, Steelcraft Line-x Door Sills, Elevation Front Bumper with Line-x Pro.

14. Thanks SyN, Pyronious thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Pyronious liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Copy. I read wrong and thought it was a fix for the pre 18 trucks.
    Mine is welded too. I will be grinding it off soon to do alignment. I will use safest wire and locktite. Until I need to replace my drag ill use it.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

The Synergy draglink is actually really nice.

All the complaints that I have seen that have problems are when they first came out.

I would buy the Synergy draglink over the factory Ram part over the newer one if I were to do it again.

Synergy Steering brace, Draglink, & Tie Rod, Thuren front leveling coils & Track bar, 5160 Bilstein Shocks, Banks CAI intake, LED everything, projector headlights, dieselfuelfilterkits, Steelcraft Line-x Door Sills, Elevation Front Bumper with Line-x Pro.

17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CDIJeff View Post
    The answer I got if your talking about the draglink part number 68338342AB. (May have changed but that's what I have saved)

That part number technicaly was not part of the 2013-2018 Rams so it doesn't count as a fix.

Reason being Ram/FCA computer has it set that the 2019 and up is a new truck not part of the 13-18 platform.

Then they can't guarantee that it will fit (spoiler it does) so nothing gets fixed and they avoid another recall.

Also my draglink was welded.

After probably a year of fighting I just got this email from doing the synergy myself.
    This may be the most impressive thing i have seen. How in the world did you get Mopar to even give a chit?!? *claps in impressed* well freaking done.

"We're all made of star stuff."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast