Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  34
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Updated Mopar Drag Link VS Synergy Drag Link?

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Updated Mopar Drag Link VS Synergy Drag Link?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyronious View Post
    This may be the most impressive thing i have seen. How in the world did you get Mopar to even give a chit?!? *claps in impressed* well freaking done.
    FCA reimbursed me for my whole dodge off road steering linkage set.

There’s a reimbursement form. If you had repairs done before you knew about the recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Pyronious thanked for this post
    Likes Pyronious, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    Copy. I read wrong and thought it was a fix for the pre 18 trucks.
    Mine is welded too. I will be grinding it off soon to do alignment. I will use safest wire and locktite. Until I need to replace my drag ill use it.
    When the draglink separates or we order a drag link assembly for regular warranty replacement we get the new style 19+ drag link on the 18 and down trucks.

I don’t know where that info about FCA says it’s not meant to fit the 18 and down trucks came form.

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I didn't save them but I had three or four rejection letters from FCA, they just kept telling me to take it back to the dealer.

Dealer then said it was all within specs, I even went back for the w49 recall nobody talks about.

Last thing was just told me to file the paperwork for reimbursement, I think they were tired of dealing with me.

Synergy Steering brace, Draglink, & Tie Rod, Thuren front leveling coils & Track bar, 5160 Bilstein Shocks, Banks CAI intake, LED everything, projector headlights, dieselfuelfilterkits, Steelcraft Line-x Door Sills, Elevation Front Bumper with Line-x Pro.

5. Likes Chrisn162001 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

W49 recall was if you bought a recalled drag link from the parts department and never installed it you had to return it and they would refund you.

7. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post
    When the draglink separates or we order a drag link assembly for regular warranty replacement we get the new style 19+ drag link on the 18 and down trucks.

I don’t know where that info about FCA says it’s not meant to fit the 18 and down trucks came form.

When I was at the dealer he put in that part number because the very first time I called FCA about this, that is what the part they gave me was (68338342AB) for a possible replacement.

I think she was trying to help but she might have messed up my truck from a 2019, I really have no idea.

They gave me a long story about how they wouldn't do it and wouldn't be covered, showed me the computer and at the time said 2019. 2020 were not out yet.

I found a link for factory parts that looked almost the same as the computer he had, if you click what this fits.

https://www.factorychryslerparts.com...8338342AB.html

Here's a pic of the welds if anyone is interested.

IMG_20210114_164214.jpg

Also here is a screenshot of what I am talking about if the link stops working.
    Screenshot_20210114-171000.jpg

Synergy Steering brace, Draglink, & Tie Rod, Thuren front leveling coils & Track bar, 5160 Bilstein Shocks, Banks CAI intake, LED everything, projector headlights, dieselfuelfilterkits, Steelcraft Line-x Door Sills, Elevation Front Bumper with Line-x Pro.

9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post
    W49 recall was if you bought a recalled drag link from the parts department and never installed it you had to return it and they would refund you.

That makes a lot more sense, they never explained it to me that way.

10. Likes Chrisn162001, AK Bob liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CDIJeff View Post
    When I was at the dealer he put in that part number because the very first time I called FCA about this, that is what the part they gave me was (68338342AB) for a possible replacement.

I think she was trying to help but she might have messed up my truck from a 2019, I really have no idea.

They gave me a long story about how they wouldn't do it and wouldn't be covered, showed me the computer and at the time said 2019. 2020 were not out yet.

I found a link for factory parts that looked almost the same as the computer he had, if you click what this fits.

IMG_20210114_164214.jpg

Doesn’t surprise me it’s always the most miss-informed employees at dealerships that are responsible for talking to customers.

12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

LOL I just saw that weld that’s terrible.

Here’s one I just did. It’s a poor excuse for a fix but it’s a fix and works for most customers. But most importantly it doesn’t cost FCA a lot of money LOL.

13. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Yeah, your welds look way better then who did mine.

Here's a pic of the draglink with a Thuren track bar.

Didn't get the tierod done yet, for reasons that being it's cold.

My plan is to get Carli radius arms then I should be done with the suspension.

IMG_20201227_104124.jpg

15. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CDIJeff View Post

IMG_20210114_164214.jpg

Wish mine had crappy welds, it would be easier to grind off. Mine looks pro 3/4 around the nuts.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

17. Likes AK Bob liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast