Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  36
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turbo Options - 2011

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Turbo Options - 2011

Good evening,

That dreaded p2262 showed back up this afternoon. Here's where I'm at. I really don't mind the VGT and for some time now have contemplated the Steed Speed T4i manifold
    and either the BD Screamer, Fleece Cheetah, or any modified VGT for that matter. I'm not really looking for any more than 650hp IF I ever wanted that much. My wife likes to joke that I'm a middle-aged grandpa when it comes to my truck. My goal with this truck is 500,000 miles above all else. I'd be remiss if I didn't say that I want to stay the VGT route because most of the work I'll do solo and my glory days in the Corps have left me with one good hand to wrench with. Drop in and go was what I thought would be easiest for me and I keep my brake. However, I'm 100% game for a 2nd/3rd Gen swap, but thinking long term, I'd like for there to be options to add an EB and possibly run it through the OEM switch. I have no brand loyalty, have done quite a bit of research over the last couple of years, and I'm looking to see what any of our vendors or other members recommend. I was really hoping to upgrade to a 650-700 trans and do studs first, but such is life. I realize I don't need an immediate fix, but a new turbo is on my near horizon. Thanks in advance all.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Turbo Options - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by CJL View Post
    Good evening,

That dreaded p2262 showed back up this afternoon. Here's where I'm at. I really don't mind the VGT and for some time now have contemplated the Steed Speed T4i manifold
    and either the BD Screamer, Fleece Cheetah, or any modified VGT for that matter. I'm not really looking for any more than 650hp IF I ever wanted that much. My wife likes to joke that I'm a middle-aged grandpa when it comes to my truck. My goal with this truck is 500,000 miles above all else. I'd be remiss if I didn't say that I want to stay the VGT route because most of the work I'll do solo and my glory days in the Corps have left me with one good hand to wrench with. Drop in and go was what I thought would be easiest for me and I keep my brake. However, I'm 100% game for a 2nd/3rd Gen swap, but thinking long term, I'd like for there to be options to add an EB and possibly run it through the OEM switch. I have no brand loyalty, have done quite a bit of research over the last couple of years, and I'm looking to see what any of our vendors or other members recommend. I was really hoping to upgrade to a 650-700 trans and do studs first, but such is life. I realize I don't need an immediate fix, but a new turbo is on my near horizon. Thanks in advance all.
    Check out fleece performance they have a second gen kit that keeps the exhaust break on the factory switch. So you would need a second gen kit and the exhaust break kit. @cumminsturbofreak ; @TexNeck ; @DDP ;

Just a diesel enthusiast helping others:
    2015 3500 Mega Cab Aisin Leveled on 35's.
    2018 3500 Crew Cab G56 leveled on 35’s
    2021 3500 Mega Cab HO Aisin screaming eagles..

4. Thanks CJL thanked for this post
    Likes Chrisn162001, watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

The new fleece exhaust brake is really nice.

With fleeces second gen swap kit you can run the fleece exhaust brake as it come out of the box.

Wc fab is also working on fitting the fleece exhaust brake on their high mount kits. Nothing has been released just yet though.

If you think you’d be happy in the 550-600hp you are probably better sticking with a VGT style charger due to price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I believe the Fleece EB is for 2013+ trucks IIRC. Can they be retrofitted for the 2010-2012s?

8. Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post
    The new fleece exhaust brake is really nice.

With fleeces second gen swap kit you can run the fleece exhaust brake as it come out of the box.

Wc fab is also working on fitting the fleece exhaust brake on their high mount kits. Nothing has been released just yet though.

If you think you’d be happy in the 550-600hp you are probably better sticking with a VGT style charger due to price.

Unfortunately, they never tell you toys get significantly more expensive with age. I've also had my crawler on the back burner for some time and that's my "hot-rod." I'm bit by bit building a 408 stroker for it and it's nearly done, probably 85% complete; the whole Jeep that is. Need coilovers or ORI struts, and a few other things to be happy with it as it is. I wanted to keep the truck under 700hp, but get to 600 or so.

10. Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I believe the Fleece EB is for 2013+ trucks IIRC. Can they be retrofitted for the 2010-2012s?
    Yup I skipped right over the 2011 part sorry.

12. Likes CJL, watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Turbo Options - 2011

Unfortunately, they never tell you toys get significantly more expensive with age. I've also had my crawler on the back burner for some time and that's my "hot-rod." I'm bit by bit building a 408 stroker for it and it's nearly done, probably 85% complete; the whole Jeep that is. Need coilovers or ORI struts, and a few other things to be happy with it as it is. I wanted to keep the truck under 700hp, but get to 600 or so.
    Very nice. Yeah ori are nice I looked at them couldn’t justify spending 900-1200 per though. I ended up going cheap fox air shocks i wish I would have gone coilovers. I just sold my crawler to make room in the shop to build a rock bouncer.

I have built a lot of 550 hp stock fuel trucks for people. Most thought they wanted 700hp at first. All have been extremely happy with the performance of their trucks.

The 650 700ish mark cost about as much as the 800-900 mark. I really don’t suggest 650-700 anymore. I say either stay stock fuel or go all out LOL.

14. Likes CJL, watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post
    Very nice. Yeah ori are nice I looked at them couldn’t justify spending 900-1200 per though. I ended up going cheap fox air shocks i wish I would have gone coilovers. I just sold my crawler to make room in the shop to build a rock bouncer.

I have built a lot of 550 hp stock fuel trucks for people. Most thought they wanted 700hp at first. All have been extremely happy with the performance of their trucks.

The 650 700ish mark cost about as much as the 800-900 mark. I really don’t suggest 650-700 anymore. I say either stay stock fuel or go all out LOL.

I'm on Fox air shocks now, but with the 5.9 Magnum and built 46RE, my sprung weight makes me want to move away from them. I've gutted my TJ, but I still get that ghetto lean on the air shocks. Bouncers are sweet man and I love watching them at the parks and MadRam's videos. I've been out of the game since I'd decided to go back to school and told myself to put everything on hold until I graduated and locked down a job. I don't want 700, but that was my "I'm not going past that" mark because as you said, the $$$ becomes crazy at that number. I haven't honestly even considered anything beyond 30% over injectors because I really just want reliability and longevity. I'm a grandpa with the truck brother. Its always been trans, studs, then let her breath for me because I'm trying to be practical.

16. Likes Chrisn162001, watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Good evening,

Sorry for the delay seeing this!

T4i manifolds are a popular choice with the Fleece Cheetah. They charger has the best warranty at 2 years unlimited mileage.

The BD iron horn kits are a great value. For about the same price as a Cheetah or similar you can have a fixed blade sxe charger and inline exhaust brake that uses factory switch as well.

Thanks for the mention @Cam95 !

Keep us posted!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

18. Thanks CJL thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, CJL liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I know this is an older thread.

Would either of the two fore mention be emissions compliant?

20. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast