Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Truck Stuck In Anti Theft

1. Top Of Page | #1

Truck Stuck In Anti Theft

So the truck sat for a few days went out to start it, key fob didn’t work thought maybe the battery in the fob was dead (even though they’re not even a month old) unlocked the truck with the key in the fob and the alarm went off.

Only way I could get the alarm to stop going off was unhook the batteries.

Got new batteries thinking that was the issue and now every time I hook the batteries up alarm goes off and nothing I’ve done or tried has worked.

Key in ignition and nothing comes on on the dash can’t get the alarm to go off.

Help please!

Don’t want to take it to the dealer or pay for a tow, but it’s kind of looking like that’s what I’m gonna have to do.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Truck Stuck In Anti Theft

Quote Originally Posted by Danger_dave69 View Post
    So the truck sat for a few days went out to start it, key fob didn’t work thought maybe the battery in the fob was dead (even though they’re not even a month old) unlocked the truck with the key in the fob and the alarm went off.

Got new batteries thinking that was the issue and now every time I hook the batteries up alarm goes off and nothing I’ve done or tried has worked.

Help please!

Don’t want to take it to the dealer or pay for a tow, but it’s kind of looking like that’s what I’m gonna have to do.
    Year, make, model? Is it under warranty? Definitely sounds like a security module issue of some kind.

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Danger_dave69 View Post

Help please!

Just found this on Mopar Tech Authority if it’s any help.

Vehicle Theft Alarm.pdf

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

Oh my bad! It’s a 2011 mega cab 6.7 cummins, all was good last Thursday truck sat over the weekend due to working out of town and came home Tuesday to this issue. Batteries were dead, put them on a charger and tried to see if putting the key in the ignition would shut the alarm off and the key got stuck in the ignition so I went and got new batteries and was able to get the key out but the alarm is still going. Pulled the fuses for the horns so it’s not so obnoxious. I have the negative and positive terminals connected now and gonna leave that over night. I’ll keep y’all updated. Hoping I don’t have to take it to the stealership

8. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

did ya hit the unlock lock button on your key fob ? thats what turnes it off

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

10. Likes AK Bob liked this post