Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: FlexPlate

1. Top Of Page | #1

FlexPlate

Ok since the stock trans on my 2002 has only 2nd gear and the reverse is locked up LOL.

I'm looking around at a heavy tow trans with a triple disk torque going to get the builder to get me a list of the goodies in the build.

I was just wondering if I should be shopping for a new FlexPlate?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: FlexPlate

if youre going to go with a triple disc torque converter then its a very good idea. I put the heavy duty flex plate (not billet) on mine and it held up great(until the trans case got cracked and I think the shop stole my core and converter to put junk back in my truck) they say they factory flex plates give too much under added pressure. its $175-300 for extra peace of mind in my book. better than having to tear the trans out.

04 3500 SRW 4x4. 4.5" icon stage 5 w/ full progressive rear leaf and 2.5 shocks, 20x9 procomp alloys, 37x13.50R20 Baja boss A/T, synergy steering, ARP headstuds, flopro 4” stainless, coolant bypass, oil bypass, smarty touch w/ custom tuning, fleece powerflo 750 CP3, fleece 2nd gen swap w/ AFE stainless manifold and s463, II 100hp injectors, AFE intercooler, pusher mega Intake with cross-air and mega tubes, fass titanium 165, Precision 48RE w/ billet upgrades and valve body, DPC 1800 stall billet triple disc, talon custom front/rear driveshafts, 4.11 gears. Fab fours black steel bumpers ~20 hwy ~17 city

3. Likes Brown Guy liked this post