Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Non-Bluetooth To Bluetooth?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Non-Bluetooth To Bluetooth?

My truck is a SLT and I miss having bluetooth abilities (streaming music and making phone calls).

What would it take to upgrade my stock SLT non-bluetooth radio to a stock bluetooth or possible navigation touch screen radio for my 12 SLT?

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

2. Likes Power247, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Non-Bluetooth To Bluetooth?

Upgrading the factory radio is pretty easy.

You can find them on eBay you just need to make sure you get the pin code that goes with it.

Any reputable seller will provide it with the sale.

Going aftermarket unit is usually cheaper option but does require you to do a little trimming in the dash.

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg

4. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I thought about this some more... to upgrade to a factory BT unit you will also need to get a uConnect module and the matching rearview mirror since the mic is in the mirror. These components are common with the 1500 and various other Mopar vehicles. The Rams use high speed can is for the radio, some others use low speed but the hardware all looks the same. Sourcing parts from a junkyard is definitely an option but you will have to do your homework to see what works and what doesn't.

When the uConnect started acting up in my '12 I replaced it with an aftermarket touchscreen and was very happy with the result. If I was in your position that's what I would do.

Greg
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Yeah after doing some quick searching it would be cheaper and easier to just go aftermarket LOL.

Thanks for the info!

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries