Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oil On Air Filter

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Oil On Air Filter

Mine has always looked like that; well, not as bad as I change mine every 10K miles, but it has had a little oil on it since new.

I bought it new too.

I would worry much, but I'd sure tighten the service intervals on that by a bunch.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    My filter looks like that after 10k miles.

Only thing I can figure is when it rains all the oils on the roadway gets kicked backup into the air filter which is why there is an oily residue.

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!
    I was nervouse too, research confirmed it was normal.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

4. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stewbuntu View Post
    I'm thinking the air flow is so high it pulls in a lot of stuff 1 vs a normal truck.

If its pulling in moisture from the road maybe its sucking oil residue up there also.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    I was thinking of some crankcase vapors, I know they ditched the road tube.

Usually the crankcase vents into the intake, I bet this is where it is coming from.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I deleted the CCV filter and put a Mishimoto catch can on mine.

That thing catches all kinds of oil.

It is still routed to the intake and goes through the catchcan first.

I like the idea of a bit of vacuume helping evacuate their gasses.

Before, I thought I had a rear main seal leak because it was seeping out of the trans housing.

It was not enough to put a spot on the driveway, but it was always moist.

Since I did the delete, it has completely dried up.

2012 RAM 2500 Crew Cab SLT 6.7L.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12