Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: Service Electronic Stability Control

1. Top Of Page | #1

Service Electronic Stability Control

I have a 2019 Ram 2500 Laramie, my message center is telling me I have to Service Electronic Stability Control.

This is turned off, also not allowing me to have advanced collision control, and no cruise control features.

I recently had this issue arise and tried just restarting the truck and disconnecting the battery to no relief.

Called a friend who owns a dealership and he said he’s had a lot of these trucks come in with these issues and it’s covered and all they do is reflash the truck an it’s fine.

They do have some come back in with the issue again and do the same thing, appears these trucks are hypersensitive when it comes to the wiring.

I was just curious if anyone else has had this issue or if anyone knows what’s the actual root cause of the issue an if there’s a remedy instead of just getting it reflashed from the dealership again and again.

Just feels like putting a bandage on an infected wound in my opinion.

Thanks.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Service Electronic Stability Control

Mine was a bad master cylinder electrical sensors requiring a new MC.

It threw am abs code, then lost cruise control etc.

Mine is 2012 so I don't have the fancy screen, but it sounds the same.

I'll try to find the thread.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...Cruise-Control

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

That collision mitigation crap is nuthin but trouble.

Of course it aint no surprise either that the cruise control is tied to it.

Good stuff.... Truckers bring it

8. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

My truck will throw this error if it detects more torque than expected under load.

Goes away with a restart.

If yours is persistent, try a deep cycle of the truck (power down & disconnect the batteries) and see if that gets you back up and running first.

If it persists after that, then probably worth seeing further diagnosis.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

10. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post