Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  57
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Australia - Tuning Advice Welcome

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Hi from Australia - Tuning Advice Welcome

First up - I'm hoping you, your love ones and friends are hanging in OK throughout this pandemic. I have relatives throughout the US and we in Australia are thinking of every one of you and hoping things get better.

So, My introduction. I have had a 2018 RAM 2500 Laramie CCSB 6.7 for two years now. I have added Fab Fours premium bumpers front and rear. Had ceramic limousine tint (mainly for heat, not privacy). Retractable "Truck That" sidesteps. Have an AFE 5" turbo back exhaust waiting to fit. I'm also booked in to have AEV Highmount Fender flares fitted along with AEV Katla wheels and 40" tyres and an expedition rack. I did want to replace the rear bumper with an Expedition One rear bumper with tyre carrier but the freight costs from the USA to Australia were more than the cost of the bumper itself.

My wish list includes a Kelderman air suspension front and rear, ARB air lockers front and rear, and changing the diff ratios to 4.1 when the 40" wheel/tyre combo is fitted.

My immediate dilemma is what tuner to go with. I'm looking at the RaceMe, MM3, EFI Live and Bully Dog options with standard tune combinations. I don't see any point in going for custom tunes unless I'm going to change injectors, turbos, intakes and other engine mods. There are also limited places here in Australia who will do custom tunes and they probably only want to do a tune on the tuning hardware they're used to or have a partnership with. Not as many options here as in the US.

So that's me, any advice is welcome

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Hi from Australia - Tuning Advice Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by zhifchik View Post
    First up - I'm hoping you, your love ones and friends are hanging in OK throughout this pandemic. I have relatives throughout the US and we in Australia are thinking of every one of you and hoping things get better.

So, My introduction. I have had a 2018 RAM 2500 Laramie CCSB 6.7 for two years now. I have added Fab Fours premium bumpers front and rear. Had ceramic limousine tint (mainly for heat, not privacy). Retractable "Truck That" sidesteps. Have an AFE 5" turbo back exhaust waiting to fit. I'm also booked in to have AEV Highmount Fender flares fitted along with AEV Katla wheels and 40" tyres and an expedition rack. I did want to replace the rear bumper with an Expedition One rear bumper with tyre carrier but the freight costs from the USA to Australia were more than the cost of the bumper itself.

My wish list includes a Kelderman air suspension front and rear, ARB air lockers front and rear, and changing the diff ratios to 4.1 when the 40" wheel/tyre combo is fitted.

My immediate dilemma is what tuner to go with. I'm looking at the RaceMe, MM3, EFI Live and Bully Dog options with standard tune combinations. I don't see any point in going for custom tunes unless I'm going to change injectors, turbos, intakes and other engine mods. There are also limited places here in Australia who will do custom tunes and they probably only want to do a tune on the tuning hardware they're used to or have a partnership with. Not as many options here as in the US.

So that's me, any advice is welcome
    Welcome friend!

Sounds like an impressive build your doing.

Glad to have ya here!

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

3. Thanks zhifchik thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen, AK Bob, Thomas1960, SyN, AnOldBiker liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Good stuff.... Truckers bring it

5. Thanks zhifchik thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

7. Thanks zhifchik thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Welcome

I would highly recommend DRD tunes on MM3.

Lots of information available on this forum and DRD website.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

9. Thanks zhifchik thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Thanks zhifchik thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, SyN, AnOldBiker, david3gen liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Welcome

I would highly recommend DRD tunes on MM3.

Lots of information available on this forum and DRD website.
    Thanks, I've gone with the MM3 but tunes from Dirty Diesel in Canada.

Couldn't find any US sites willing to advertise delete tunes online, seems everyone is afraid of the EPA at the moment.

I probably bought too quickly but I really wanted to make use of the Black Friday sales people were offering.

I also looked at the RaceME Ultra device and tunes but the MM3 seemed more accepted.

If their tunes are not acceptable I know that I'll need to come back here and look at the DRD Tunes.

Never heard or seen a bad word about the tunes or service.

Sound very customer focused.

Thanks Again, Cheers from Down Under.

13. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Welcome!!

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

15. Thanks zhifchik thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, SyN, AK Bob, AnOldBiker liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

& Congrats on your LPM!

We are all excited & thrilled that you chose to Join & Support the community!

Also, we hope that you will enjoy your stay with us!

I myself - spent a lot of time within these walls reading hundreds of threads about Programmers and DRD - I chose to become a LPM and once the appropriate time comes DRD w/+30hp Tune will be ordered.

There is now a local Diesel Performance shop that has begun selling & performing (Performance Weight Loss Programs) for the RAM 6.7L - 2 co-workers have had work done by this group and have great reviews of their work performed & performance gains.

I'm still sticking with DRD & the MM3!

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

17. Thanks zhifchik thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zhifchik View Post
    Thanks, I've gone with the MM3 but tunes from Dirty Diesel in Canada.

Couldn't find any US sites willing to advertise delete tunes online, seems everyone is afraid of the EPA at the moment.

I probably bought too quickly but I really wanted to make use of the Black Friday sales people were offering.

I also looked at the RaceME Ultra device and tunes but the MM3 seemed more accepted.

If their tunes are not acceptable I know that I'll need to come back here and look at the DRD Tunes.

Never heard or seen a bad word about the tunes or service.

Sound very customer focused.

Thanks Again, Cheers from Down Under
    Yeah nobody wants to advertise that publicly

That's why DRD has to do things the way he does.... just his way of staying under the radar.

Can't say I blame him none.

Good stuff.... Truckers bring it

19. Thanks zhifchik thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, AnOldBiker liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast