Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Back Pressure Sensor Plug

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Exhaust Back Pressure Sensor Plug

The resurrection of my 2013 G56 is going well, but have now faced an issue - where to find a flare plug to plug the hole where the exhaust back pressure sensor once went?

I unfortunately have the GPD kit - which came with a bracket that is completely incorrect for my year truck...so I'll need to make a new one.

Per what I have read here the sensor is disabled with the MM3 - so I'd rather remove it thus making my bracket simpler.

I believe the fitting us M12x1.0 flare

Thanks!
    Steve

2. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Exhaust Back Pressure Sensor Plug

Quote Originally Posted by Shusaim View Post
    The resurrection of my 2013 G56 is going well, but have now faced an issue - where to find a flare plug to plug the hole where the exhaust back pressure sensor once went?

I unfortunately have the GPD kit - which came with a bracket that is completely incorrect for my year truck...so I'll need to make a new one.

Per what I have read here the sensor is disabled with the MM3 - so I'd rather remove it thus making my bracket simpler.

I believe the fitting us M12x1.0 flare

Thanks!
    Steve
    I don’t know what the correct fitting size is. I would go with stainless steel fitting due to the high temperature.

If you have a Parker Store in your area they should have what you are looking for.

Use this link to find a store.

Please keep us posted on the correct thread size to plug the hole as this will be useful information for others.

https://www.parker.com/portal/site/P...D&vgnextfmt=EN

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks watersupply189, Shusaim thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Abgunnar liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thanks. Unfortunately nothing super close; so going to head to my local hydraulics shop shortly to see what we can do. As an aside; I always thought stainless in cast-iron was persona nongrata?

6. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I used a swagelock fitting ss.

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

8. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks. Unfortunately nothing super close; so going to head to my local hydraulics shop shortly to see what we can do. As an aside; I always thought stainless in cast-iron was persona nongrata?
    True, steel or iron would be more compatible to avoid any galvanic corrosion issues if you can find.

Corrosion of the stainless steel fitting in cast will be increased some.

Please keep us posted on your selection.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

10. Likes watersupply189, BlackBart liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Well I admit defeat.

I went to the local hydraulics place and came up empty.

I then went to the nearest Parkerstore - and they also came up empty.

So I cut the tab off and bent the tube out of the way, and hooked the sensor up.

I know the MM3 doesn't use it, but figured it would look worse unplugged.

Did confirm that it is M12x1.0.

I can find a bolt to fit the thread, but uncertain it would seal given the bubble flare.

Ultimately the most correct answer would be to cut and weld the pipe.

Attached Images Attached Images

12. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Well I admit defeat.

I went to the local hydraulics place and came up empty.

I then went to the nearest Parkerstore - and they also came up empty.

So I cut the tab off and bent the tube out of the way, and hooked the sensor up.

I know the MM3 doesn't use it, but figured it would look worse unplugged.

Did confirm that it is M12x1.0.

I can find a bolt to fit the thread, but uncertain it would seal given the bubble flare.

Ultimately the most correct answer would be to cut and weld the pipe.
    I wonder if this will work?

They don’t list the material, but it looks like steel.

https://www.belmetric.com/bubble-fla...g-p-13726.html

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

14. Thanks Shusaim thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    I wonder if this will work? They don’t list the material, but it looks like steel.
    Should be here next week - will advise!

Great find, thank you!

16. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I went with the Pusher Coolant reroute kit to address the coolant riser pipe obstructing the exhaust back pressure sensor from securing into the egr delete bracket.

Pusher supplies a individual bracket for the EBP sensor, but I used my original egr delete bracket and successfully secured the trans dipstick EBP sensor, and the CCV hose that runs to the intake.

Combining the components, I was not only able to secure everything nice and sexy, but also cleared the clutter, and starting pushing more coolant to those rear cylinders.

Will try to upload some pics later to show you what I did.

My phone won't let me do that apparently.

Last edited by TheJonJon; 11-30-2020 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Spelling

18. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, Shusaim thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Should be here next week - will advise!

Great find, thank you!
    Any update on that plug?

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast