Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil Bypass Kit Install Questions

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Question Oil Bypass Kit Install Questions

Hey all, so I ordered the Sinister's oil bypass kit and the install is a super easy process from what I can tell but I wanted to know if any of you had experience with said kit.

My main question is when removing the NPT plug from the filter housing, what can I expect in terms of oil coming out.

I just did my oil change a week ago and don't really wanna drain it and change it all again to do this install.

Sinister said all is good once the truck cools down and the oil settles to just pop the plug with minimal spillage.

I'm not so sure?

Next question is how many of you guys had to remove the coolant line to the turbo to get that old plug out and the new fitting in?

I ask this because I just did the whole coolant drain for the Pusher coolant reroute kit and I don't wanna have to drain the coolant AGAIN!...thanks all and God Bless!

2. Likes SyN, AK Bob, Jaxonsram liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Subscribed - Interested in a couple of the answers you might receive on your questions.

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

4. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Most install their oil bypass when they do an oil change so their factory filter & bypass filter are on equal intervals.

Nothing much will happen when you remove the port plug as the system isn't under pressure with the truck off.

If you're referring to removing the coolant line to remove the port plug for the oil bypass, you shouldn't need to.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    Most install their oil bypass when they do an oil change so their factory filter & bypass filter are on equal intervals.

Nothing much will happen when you remove the port plug as the system isn't under pressure with the truck off.

If you're referring to removing the coolant line to remove the port plug for the oil bypass, you shouldn't need to.
    Absolutely true, great advice.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Awesome fellas, love the feedback as always!

Guess it's time to crack a few and play with some tools!

9. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Joe!

This is another to do on the bucket list after Deletion!

11. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SyN View Post
    Joe!

This is another to do on the bucket list after Deletion!
    Why wait?

The motor needs it more now with the EGR than ever before.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

13. Likes AK Bob, SyN liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheJonJon View Post
    Awesome fellas, love the feedback as always! Guess it's time to crack a few and play with some tools!
    Just wanted to add l used a 90* fitting on my install and did not need to remove the coolant line. (see photo).

One other thing if the oil bypass filter bracket is engine mounted check it once and a while for any signs of cracks due to fatigue.

I mounted mine on the frame below the passenger door.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

15. Likes SyN liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Not happening tonight.

I have to remove the coolant line.

The 90° won't work.

The 45° didnt for sure...fml.

17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    Why wait? The motor needs it more now with the EGR than ever before.

Good Question Joe!

My only answer is even though the Wife & I make well over 6 figures a year - With Baylee being in College for 4 yrs and then getting accepted into Physical Therapy School for another 4 & even though she was a Valedictorian Every Year!

We had no idea she would be one of the 68 out of 2K that the school would select. (Honestly we were not prepared for this expense)

Our Awesome Government and System granted US (Nothing) since we were a very successful (White) - (Hard Working) family with a Zero Criminal Background - We had to pay for every dime!

Her debit - well Our Dedit right now is well over $148K - she still is living off of Tinker Air Force Base (Which we have to pay for) as well as all her expenses.

It's basically supporting a whole other family - & I am still trying to tuck back every bit I can for retirement in 12 more yrs. If I didn't put my families needs first - I would have deleted last year and had most of my bucket list finished. Guess that's why I've been married Once to the same Women for 33yrs.

Yes I totally agree with you - The By-Pass filter needs to be on as we speak - But Her Rent & Groceries come first.

After She Graduates PT school and gets employment in check and gets paying on her huge student loan debt - I will possibly have a clear conscience about spending $$$ on myself (The JUDGE) then the 5th Wheel then Tri-Toon.

Only If I live that long!

This is the main reason: When I do any mods to the the truck I spend hours shopping for the lowest price and coupon codes and free shipping = I have no other choice!

Just an example: I had to use my safety bonus from work to buy my ATS By-Pass delete block and then save 4 of them to buy the PPE 68RFE Pan.
    My Filter changes even are paid for by this Bonus - This Bonuses are Earned & Never Just Given! I am so Thankful For Them.

I know my reasons are much different then most others - but they are 100% Legit!

Just so glad we at the time had enough sense to stop @ 2 kids!

I apologize for the long post to answer your question: But I felt you deserved to know the real - honest/truthful reason why.

18. Likes AK Bob, TheJonJon liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast