Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Gen Swap Manifold

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2nd Gen Swap Manifold

Good day to all, hope you guys are staying safe out there.

So after a little bit of research I have decided to do a second gen swap on my 14' RAM.

My question is, Does anyone have experience with the stainless ZZDiesel Mani?

Spec wise on paper it's pretty much the same as stainless diesel's mani, all the inside runners are 1.650 to the center outlet, with that being said it's $300 less than stainless diesel.

I don't care what anybody has to say about performance, I don't fall into the "snake oil" category of consumers where one mani flows better just because its made by "xxxxx company"

My only concern with these two manifolds is they are both made stainless, So I am only worried about two things
    1. The quality of the stainless
    2.reliability

https://zzdiesel.com/ZZ-3410-T-4-Mou...aust-Manifold/

2. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2nd Gen Swap Manifold

Quote Originally Posted by furbyj1 View Post
    Good day to all, hope you guys are staying safe out there.

So after a little bit of research I have decided to do a second gen swap on my 14' RAM.

My question is, Does anyone have experience with the stainless ZZDiesel Mani?

Spec wise on paper it's pretty much the same as stainless diesel's mani, all the inside runners are 1.650 to the center outlet, with that being said it's $300 less than stainless diesel.

I don't care what anybody has to say about performance, I don't fall into the "snake oil" category of consumers where one mani flows better just because its made by "xxxxx company"

My only concern with these two manifolds is they are both made stainless, So I am only worried about two things 1.

The quality of the stainless steel 2.reliability

https://zzdiesel.com/ZZ-3410-T-4-Mou...aust-Manifold/
    If reliability is what you're after then you're not gonna gain much with a cast manifold. You'd want a cnc billet manifold but as with quality comes a price. Steed Speed makes the best manifold on the the market IMO.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks TexNeck thanked for this post
    Likes TexNeck, AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Well I was only wanting a comparison in reliability between zzdiesel and stainless diesel.

However I have not looked into steed speed, I would like to see the performance numbers and honestly if it's a little more money but it can provide the same if not better performance with the best reliability, I'd rather buy once and do it right.

6. Likes AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I agree with Joe about Steed Speed. That being said IMO the 3 piece manifolds are an upgrade as well compared to stock. Performance wise the difference will will be minimal. What’s your power goal?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Well I was only wanting a comparison in reliability between zzdiesel and stainless diesel.

However I have not looked into steed speed, I would like to see the performance numbers and honestly if it's a little more money but it can provide the same if not better performance with the best reliability, I'd rather buy once and do it right.
    They all claim better flow, lower egts etc. so performance gains will be minimal/close to same across the board. Steed Speeds ability to resist warping/cracking is the best and the original owner is guaranteed for life. I want you to have what YOU want on your truck but I felt like this manifold goes overlooked by some because some people think they're all the same when it comes to quality.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Likes AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I would agree 100%, I completely overlooked it while trying to narrow down which one to go with, but now I am definitely going with steed speed.

11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    I agree with Joe about Steed Speed. That being said IMO the 3 piece manifolds are an upgrade as well compared to stock. Performance wise the difference will will be minimal. What’s your power goal?
    Not sure yet, honestly I'm new to the diesel performance world and I'm gonna try to make the most power I can with bolt-ons. If I had to give an actual number.....shiiit idk 500?? I can give you guys a list of mods I plan to do and maybe you could guesstimate a ball park figure in terms of Horsepower.

-MM3 tuner
    -2nd gen swap BWS369 sxe (80/74mm)
    -Pusher boost tubes
    -5in TBE
    -Banks Monster Ram intake 4in

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I would agree 100%, I completely overlooked it while trying to narrow down which one to go with, but now I am definitely going with steed speed.
    Let me or Mike know and we can help you with your build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Not sure yet, honestly I'm new to the diesel performance world and I'm gonna try to make the most power I can with bolt-ons. If I had to give an actual number.....shiiit idk 500?? I can give you guys a list of mods I plan to do and maybe you could guesstimate a ball park figure in terms of Horsepower.

-MM3 tuner
    -2nd gen swap BWS369 sxe (80/74mm)
    -Pusher boost tubes
    -5in TBE
    -Banks Monster Ram intake 4in
    You will be 500-550 with MM3 running all out tune. The 369 is a good choice turbo if you are wanting to get up in the 650-700 range. You’ll need to add fueling modifications in order to get anymore than the 500-550 mentioned above. Fueling modifications being lift pump and injectors at a minimum. Anything over the stock power running the higher HP MM3 tunes to get you in the 500 ball park you’ll want to consider some transmission upgrades to hold the power.

like joe said- we are happy to help and give information. We have access to about any part you could possibly want as well. Keep us posted

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #10
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    Let me or Mike know and we can help you with your build.

Do y’all have any steed speeds in stock?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast