Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: 5.9 cummins engine

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

5.9 cummins engine

A friend of mine needs to rebuild his 2003 cummins engine. But i found a 2006 engine for sale. In my opinion alot easier. Does it fit? Or what needs to be done to make it fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes 03 unicorn, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 5.9 cummins engine

Quote Originally Posted by david3gen View Post
    A friend of mine needs to rebuild his 2003 cummins engine. But i found a 2006 engine for sale. In my opinion alot easier. Does it fit? Or what needs to be done to make it fit?

Transmission should line up and so should everything else. You may have to swap a sensor or two of the do not read correctly. Other than that I have taken a 07 to my 04 with a few sensor swaps. Other than that I didn’t have to do anything else.

Just a diesel enthusiast helping others:
    2015 3500 Mega Cab Aisin Leveled on 35's.
    2018 3500 Crew Cab G56 leveled on 35’s
    2021 3500 Mega Cab HO Aisin screaming eagles..

4. Likes david3gen, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cam95 View Post
    Transmission should line up and so should everything else. You may have to swap a sensor or two of the do not read correctly. Other than that I have taken a 07 to my 04 with a few sensor swaps. Other than that I didn’t have to do anything else.
    Thanks, i saw the engine head cover was different. So that was one of the reasons

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by david3gen View Post
    Thanks, i saw the engine head cover was different. So that was one of the reasons

You can pretty much interchange their are differences in the engine like injectors and that but otherwise nothing really.

Just a diesel enthusiast helping others:
    2015 3500 Mega Cab Aisin Leveled on 35's.
    2018 3500 Crew Cab G56 leveled on 35’s
    2021 3500 Mega Cab HO Aisin screaming eagles..

8. Thanks david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post