Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: Injector help, actuator and trans all within 4 weeks.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Injector help, actuator and trans all within 4 weeks.

So first my turbo actuator went out, I'm replacing that with the City diesel one, as that seems to be the best solution. Then my trans stopped locking the torque converter, Talking with a friend that works at a trans shop for the transgo HD2 kit that will apparently fix that problem, the trans has to be pulled to put parts into the pump, so he said we should go ahead and rebuild it. But while having the truck on high idle to get to temp to top off the coolant after pulling the actuator to make sure the turbo actuator arm wasn't stuck, truck starts missing and blowing white smoke. So now, I Need to figure out if I should find the single injector that has a issue, or to just replace all of them? What do yall think and what's the best place to get them from? And since i'm going to have to dig into the injectors, I think i'm going to put the arp425/2000 studs in as well. I'm just wondering who has the best deals on injectors and if replacing one is alright or should i do the whole set. My truck is a 14 2500 with 155k miles. I have a recame Ultra on it but also plan on getting the DRD custom tunes for it after I can resolve all this. Thanks for reading and any advice!

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Injector help, actuator and trans all within 4 weeks.

Sorry to hear your trouble friend. I have purchased all my parts from @cumminsdieselfreak From DDP

2016. Laramie 2500, 68RFE, CC 4x4. DRD Medical plan. factory rear air. 2” lift/level. 35x12.5, Revmax vb with deep pan. ARP 425 head studs.

4. Thanks DDP, cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I would replace all the injectors. If one failed then it won’t be long before others start to fail. Contact @DDP They will hook you up with the right parts and are very knowledgeable.

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

6. Thanks DDP thanked for this post
    Likes DDP, AK Bob, Aboshan liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    I would replace all the injectors. If one failed then it won’t be long before others start to fail. Contact @DDP They will hook you up with the right parts and are very knowledgeable.

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!
    Thank you so much for the mention!

We will gladly get you set up with what ya need my friend.

Feel free to give one of us a shout anytime.

Clayton

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tonybain42 View Post
    So first my turbo actuator went out, I'm replacing that with the City diesel one, as that seems to be the best solution. Then my trans stopped locking the torque converter, Talking with a friend that works at a trans shop for the transgo HD2 kit that will apparently fix that problem, the trans has to be pulled to put parts into the pump, so he said we should go ahead and rebuild it. But while having the truck on high idle to get to temp to top off the coolant after pulling the actuator to make sure the turbo actuator arm wasn't stuck, truck starts missing and blowing white smoke. So now, I Need to figure out if I should find the single injector that has a issue, or to just replace all of them? What do yall think and what's the best place to get them from? And since i'm going to have to dig into the injectors, I think i'm going to put the arp425/2000 studs in as well. I'm just wondering who has the best deals on injectors and if replacing one is alright or should i do the whole set. My truck is a 14 2500 with 155k miles. I have a recame Ultra on it but also plan on getting the DRD custom tunes for it after I can resolve all this. Thanks for reading and any advice!
    I'm here to help!

We're having some killer Black Friday sales and injectors are on the list!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
    Sorry to hear your trouble friend. I have purchased all my parts from @cumminsdieselfreak From DDP
    Thank you so much for the mention!

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post