Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CP4 Out and CP3 In Today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Re: CP4 Out and CP3 In Today

Quote Originally Posted by Mdavlee View Post
    I’m thinking hard about the S&S kit for Christmas myself.
    Man just do it before it goes out.

I couldn't drive my truck because all i thought was it going to blow up and then with my luck FCA would not warranty it.

So for a piece of mind I had too.

I have less than 5k on it and I've been using hot shot additive since day one but just my luck like I said before!

SS was the way to go forsure.

2. Likes watersupply189, Mdavlee, SyN, AK Bob, BlackBart liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Houston HB View Post
    Man just do it before it goes out.

I couldn't drive my truck because all i thought was it going to blow up and then with my luck FCA would not warranty it.

So for a piece of mind I had too.

I have less than 5k on it and I've been using hot shot additive since day one but just my luck like I said before!

SS was the way to go forsure.
    I honestly hate to keep throwing money at the truck.

I’m thinking hard of pulling it all off and trying to sell it.

I want back in another Ford.

It’s either that or get the CP3 conversion and drive it until someone wants to buy it with everything.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I honestly hate to keep throwing money at the truck. I’m thinking hard of pulling it all off and trying to sell it. I want back in another Ford. It’s either that or get the CP3 conversion and drive it until someone wants to buy it with everything.
    i totally feel you on that, for me i looked at the platinum's and the limited and couldnt fork out 93K. Plus the interior of the 2500 is so much better than the fords. So I would do the CP3 and drive it until someone buys it or trade it in like so.

5. Likes Mdavlee liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

i totally feel you on that, for me i looked at the platinum's and the limited and couldnt fork out 93K. Plus the interior of the 2500 is so much better than the fords. So I would do the CP3 and drive it until someone buys it or trade it in like so.
    I like the Ford interior better. Everything seems to be where it feels like it should be when you reach for it. I did have death wobble in mine at 29k miles. My 11 Ram did it at 40k. This one is getting loose feeling and I’m just waiting on it to have it. I’m not a bells and whistles type of person. The XLT with extra stuff on my 17 was the nicest truck I’ve ever bought. I’m always a tradesman or XL package guy. Heated and cooled seats are nice but man the price jumps so far up I’ll probably order the CP3 kit now and ponder on what I’m doing with it until about Christmas.

7. Thanks Houston HB thanked for this post
    Likes Houston HB liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I like the Ford interior better. Everything seems to be where it feels like it should be when you reach for it. I did have death wobble in mine at 29k miles. My 11 Ram did it at 40k. This one is getting loose feeling and I’m just waiting on it to have it. I’m not a bells and whistles type of person. The XLT with extra stuff on my 17 was the nicest truck I’ve ever bought. I’m always a tradesman or XL package guy. Heated and cooled seats are nice but man the price jumps so far up I’ll probably order the CP3 kit now and ponder on what I’m doing with it until about Christmas.
    What is the reason behind the loose steering wheel feel, and is this correctable?

9. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

What is the reason behind the loose steering wheel feel, and is this correctable?
    It feels like track bar slop to me.

I’ve had to replace bushings on every one of these trucks I’ve had since 07 before 50k miles.

I’m at 32k miles so far on it.

I didn’t notice it near as bad with the stock Firestone HT tires as these Toyo RT.

11. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

It feels like track bar slop to me.

I’ve had to replace bushings on every one of these trucks I’ve had since 07 before 50k miles.

I’m at 32k miles so far on it.

I didn’t notice it near as bad with the stock Firestone HT tires as these Toyo RT.
    so do we know forsure a track bar will correct the loose feel on the steering?

13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

A Synergy Drag Link will tighten it up some.

A complete Synergy steering kit with drag link, track bar & steering stabilizer will make it drive much better.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Likes AK Bob, Mdavlee liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I honestly hate to keep throwing money at the truck.

I’m thinking hard of pulling it all off and trying to sell it.

I want back in another Ford.

It’s either that or get the CP3 conversion and drive it until someone wants to buy it with everything.
    Dunno what else you mighta tried or did... but swappin that garbage cp4 pump out will definitely be money well spent.

Good stuff.... Truckers bring it

16. Likes Houston HB, Mdavlee, SyN liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

CP4 Out and CP3 In Today

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBart View Post
    Dunno what else you mighta tried or did... but swappin that garbage cp4 pump out will definitely be money well spent.
    I’ve got a FASS 165 and a weight loss on the exhaust.

I’m going to order a CP3 kit. I’d rather go this route and not worry if I’m going to be stranded going to a job pulling my fifth wheel.

The truck isn’t worth enough to trade in right now vs what I owe.

I test drove a 2021 F-350 and loved it but the RAM is basically worthless being a tradesman.

18. Likes BlackBart, SyN liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast