Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  60
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CP4 Out and CP3 In Today

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: CP4 Out and CP3 In Today

Sadly - using any type of fuel additive for Lubricity & Demulsibility (I Feel) will NOT save this CP4 pump from failing or help Prolong the life of this pump - It's just a Horrid Design.

Also - Which does not surprise me - Bosch & all the manufactures know this pump is total crap - but still keeps installing it.

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

2. Thanks MillsRam thanked for this post
    Likes Mdavlee, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mdavlee View Post
    I honestly hate to keep throwing money at the truck. I’m thinking hard of pulling it all off and trying to sell it. I want back in another Ford. It’s either that or get the CP3 conversion and drive it until someone wants to buy it with everything.
    i totally feel you on that, for me i looked at the platinum's and the limited and couldnt fork out 93K. Plus the interior of the 2500 is so much better than the fords. So I would do the CP3 and drive it until someone buys it or trade it in like so.

4. Likes Mdavlee liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SyN View Post
    Sadly - using any type of fuel additive for Lubricity & Demulsibility (I Feel) will NOT save this CP4 pump from failing or help Prolong the life of this pump - It's just a Horrid Design.

understand by adding the additive it made me feel safer. Until i just bit the bullet and did the CP3 now im totally ok.

6. Likes SyN, Mdavlee, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Yes - I totally Understand - I use a fuel additive @ every fill up just for that same (Safe/Warm Fuzzy Feeling) - but I also know how horrid the quality of the diesel in the states is & adding a high quality diesel fuel additive can do nothing but some what benefit the entire fuel system in some areas - Be it Lubricity / Cleaning / Demulsification.

Even the reports show the very hard to find Premium Diesel here in the States is No where near comparable in quality compared to overseas.

I was only attempting to make a simple minded point that - Nothing will benefit this pump to help with service life - except a possible golden 4 leaf clover!
    My comment was not directed @ your statement - I should have stated that in my post.

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

8. Thanks Houston HB thanked for this post
    Likes Mdavlee, Houston HB liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Houston HB View Post
    i totally feel you on that, for me i looked at the platinum's and the limited and couldnt fork out 93K. Plus the interior of the 2500 is so much better than the fords. So I would do the CP3 and drive it until someone buys it or trade it in like so.
    I like the Ford interior better. Everything seems to be where it feels like it should be when you reach for it. I did have death wobble in mine at 29k miles. My 11 Ram did it at 40k. This one is getting loose feeling and I’m just waiting on it to have it. I’m not a bells and whistles type of person. The XLT with extra stuff on my 17 was the nicest truck I’ve ever bought. I’m always a tradesman or XL package guy. Heated and cooled seats are nice but man the price jumps so far up I’ll probably order the CP3 kit now and ponder on what I’m doing with it until about Christmas.

10. Thanks Houston HB thanked for this post
    Likes Houston HB liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SyN View Post
    Yes - I totally Understand - I use a fuel additive @ every fill up just for that same (Safe/Warm Fuzzy Feeling) - but I also know how horrid the quality of the diesel in the states is & adding a high quality diesel fuel additive can do nothing but some what benefit the entire fuel system in some areas - Be it Lubricity / Cleaning / Demulsification.

I was only attempting to make a simple minded point that - Nothing will benefit this pump to help with service life - except a possible golden 4 leaf clover!
    My comment was not directed @ your statement - I should have stated that in my post.
    No your fine man, not mad at all nor did I take this in anyway disrespectable.

I am new to the HD world and I prefer to hear the truth even if it isnt what I want to hear.

12. Likes Mdavlee, AK Bob, SyN liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I like the Ford interior better. Everything seems to be where it feels like it should be when you reach for it. I did have death wobble in mine at 29k miles. My 11 Ram did it at 40k. This one is getting loose feeling and I’m just waiting on it to have it. I’m not a bells and whistles type of person. The XLT with extra stuff on my 17 was the nicest truck I’ve ever bought. I’m always a tradesman or XL package guy. Heated and cooled seats are nice but man the price jumps so far up I’ll probably order the CP3 kit now and ponder on what I’m doing with it until about Christmas.
    What is the reason behind the loose steering wheel feel, and is this correctable?

14. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

What is the reason behind the loose steering wheel feel, and is this correctable?
    It feels like track bar slop to me.

I’ve had to replace bushings on every one of these trucks I’ve had since 07 before 50k miles.

I’m at 32k miles so far on it.

I didn’t notice it near as bad with the stock Firestone HT tires as these Toyo RT.

16. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

A Synergy Drag Link will tighten it up some.

A complete Synergy steering kit with drag link, track bar & steering stabilizer will make it drive much better.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

18. Likes AK Bob, Mdavlee liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

It feels like track bar slop to me.

I’ve had to replace bushings on every one of these trucks I’ve had since 07 before 50k miles.

I’m at 32k miles so far on it.

I didn’t notice it near as bad with the stock Firestone HT tires as these Toyo RT.
    so do we know forsure a track bar will correct the loose feel on the steering?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast