Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Using Uconnect Features

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Using Uconnect Features

Is there a way I can use all the Uconnect features if my 8.4 came from a different vehicle?

I have the VIN of the vehicle it came from and unlock code would rather not go to dealership if possible.

2017 Tradesman Bright white, Blacked out OEM headlights, 7" EVIC dash/screen, tinted windows including windshield, 2" HBS leveling kit w/2" shock extensions, 18x9 Procomp Series 5034 Rockwell wheels, 35x12.50x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, ARE Overland topper, LED bed lights (Walmart), 8.4 Uconnect w/nav, 7spd AC fan switch, OEM back up camera, S&B intake, CCV delete, MM3 from DRD, 4" FloPro DP back exhaust, BD Diesel Performance grid heater delete, Twin ram 3.5" intake horn, RevMax Trans cooler bypass

2. Likes AK Bob, SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Using Uconnect Features

Connect is VIN specific and the units themselves are likely hard coded with that VIN.

Unlock code will get the unit up and running, but you are going to need a WiTech to get the radio loaded correctly.

Considering that replacement units installed by a dealer require programming, it's most likely you are going to need to see your dealer to get your 8.4 set up properly.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

4. Likes AK Bob, SyN liked this post