Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Code P2761

1. Top Of Page | #1

Code P2761

Code P2761 - Torque Converter Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Control Circuit/Open.

Started getting this the other day.

Feels like the trans is stuck in 4th.

When it started I was able to clear the code and go on.

Then got to where it would take several attempts to clear.

Now, it will clear then come back as soon as putting in drive.

Internet search narrows it down to the solenoid pack.

Does anyone have any experience with a P2761 or similar?

2. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Code P2761

any information on your truck? any other symptoms?

my truck was basically going into lockup in first and it just wouldn't lock up in OD, I changed out gov pressure solenoid and all the other transmission electronics and it was like a brand new truck. way more power than before that even. could also be other things depending on the specific truck. if you post details on here or pm me I can tell you everything I did to diagnose it and what we ruled out.

04 3500 SRW 4x4. 4.5" icon stage 5 w/ full progressive rear leaf and 2.5 shocks, 20x9 procomp alloys, 37x13.50R20 Baja boss A/T, synergy steering, ARP headstuds, flopro 4” stainless, coolant bypass, oil bypass, smarty touch w/ custom tuning, fleece powerflo 750 CP3, fleece 2nd gen swap w/ AFE stainless manifold and s463, II 100hp injectors, AFE intercooler, pusher mega Intake with cross-air and mega tubes, fass titanium 165, Precision 48RE w/ billet upgrades and valve body, DPC 1800 stall billet triple disc, talon custom front/rear driveshafts, 4.11 gears. Fab fours black steel bumpers ~20 hwy ~17 city

4. Likes AK Bob, Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

Hey Kilo. There is really nothing more to add at this time. When I originally posted I had just got home from work. It was 2 weeks after that I got it into a trans shop. SOBs kept it a week only to tell me they were unable to read any codes. Not there weren't any codes, but they could not access them. Got it home and parked in my shop. Then I had to go back to work. I am gone a month, home a month. Did more research and when I get back home I'm going to check everything electrical I can...temp sensor, wiring, grounds, batteries, grounds. If still haven't found anything I may drop the pan and check the filters. Basically, do all I can do before taking it to another shop. I'd appreciate any advice and/or guidance you may can provide.

6. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

Updating this for anyone that may need to know.

First off, my truck was one of the 19s that had the valve body recall. I had that done not long after purchasing the truck.

I finally got around to dropping the transmission pan to change the solenoid pack. Once I had the pan off, I see an additional single solenoid (or it appears to be to me) on the bottom of the valve body. I don't know if that was part of the "new valve body" as part of the recall, or if the '19s + all have it.

I went to unclip the electrical connection to the "single solenoid," and it basically just came right off with zero effort. I did not even have to release the retainer. I later found out that the "single solenoid" electrical connects to the solenoid pack. I could not see that due to the solenoid pack being on top of the valve body.

To say I was suspicious at the time is an understatement. I went on and pulled the valve body and replaced the solenoid pack. When I plugged the connection back in for the "single solenoid," I had to press hard to get that snap.

I have driven the truck several miles now with zero issues.

To anyone out there, if you get a P2761 "Torque Converter Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Control Circuit Open" DTC on a 19+, I would drop the pan and check that connection before going any further.

Now I can't say for sure the connection coming undone caused my limp mode problem, but I'd be willing to bet on it.

Hopefully, this will help someone down the road.

1.jpg

2.jpg

8. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

Thanks for providing the information.

Always a good feeling to be able to fix something on your own.

Especially when the shop you took it to wasn't able to help you out.

Nicely Done!

10. Likes AK Bob liked this post