Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Brake Warm Up?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Exhaust Brake Warm Up?

Is there a way to change the temp at which my truck will turn the EB on, on a cold morning to warm up?

2018 RAM 2500 6.7 Cummins - G56
    - ARP Headstuds
    - Full Delete w/ Jamo straight pipe.
    - Sinister Diesel CAI
    - Pedal Commander
    - 5" Rough Country lift
    - 37" Falken A/T on Black Rhino 18"

2. Likes SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

I don't have an answer for you but it is a good question - Maybe a programmer could give you this option?

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

4. Thanks CumminsNoob20 thanked for this post
    Likes CumminsNoob20 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SyN View Post
    I don't have an answer for you but it is a good question - Maybe a programmer could give you this option?
    I have the MM3 with DRD tuning.

If that helps someone formulate an answer.

- ARP Headstuds
    - Sinister Diesel CAI
    - Pedal Commander
    - 5" Rough Country lift

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Ok, so odd thing.

I turned my truck off because my MM3 was saying it was disconnected.

Than turned the truck on and its whistle like the EB decided to turn on.

I did tap the brake pedal...hmmm idk

Than unplugged my MM3 and back in.

- ARP Headstuds
    - Sinister Diesel CAI
    - Pedal Commander
    - 5" Rough Country lift

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

If you have your EB on when you shut off the truck with an MM3 and DRD, the truck will start with the EB still on.

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

i turn my EB on as soon as my truck starts up on cold mornings LOL.. But i have a 12 and i'm not tuned.. so i just turn it on, turn on the cruise control, and hit the set button to start the high idle warm up

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

9. Likes TheJonJon liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Not sure if Ray can adjust that, but I'm sure he can explain the temps and what he does to make the trucks do what they do. I do know that since DRD cured my Rig, the EB stays on whatever setting is was in before shutdown. Stock truck, it turns off the EB each time you shut her down and you have to turn it back on at next start up. I have noticed with the colder temps we have been having here in Eastern NC, my morning startup occurs, then my EB kicks in and she is about to blast off into space. But I have also noticed since we have had these two cold mornings of mid to low 30's, my truck starts, EB (Space Shuttle Mode) kicks in, then she will high idle to 1k by herself. @DRD can you give us a breakdown on some Soot Science here?
    Tell you what though, 5in TBE, WARP tuned, with that EB on at high idle...Good Lord man LOL. Just glad my neighbors like me...

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheJonJon View Post
    Not sure if Ray can adjust that, but I'm sure he can explain the temps and what he does to make the trucks do what they do. I do know that since DRD cured my Rig, the EB stays on whatever setting is was in before shutdown. Stock truck, it turns off the EB each time you shut her down and you have to turn it back on at next start up. I have noticed with the colder temps we have been having here in Eastern NC, my morning startup occurs, then my EB kicks in and she is about to blast off into space. But I have also noticed since we have had these two cold mornings of mid to low 30's, my truck starts, EB (Space Shuttle Mode) kicks in, then she will high idle to 1k by herself. @DRD can you give us a breakdown on some Soot Science here?
    Tell you what though, 5in TBE, WARP tuned, with that EB on at high idle...Good Lord man LOL. Just glad my neighbors like me...
    Sounds like your truck has the high idle turned on automatically with colder temps.

Which is the trick I mentioned before for us 'older' and 'uncured' guys LOL.

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

12. Likes TheJonJon liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CumminsNoob20 View Post
    Is there a way to change the temp at which my truck will turn the EB on, on a cold morning to warm up?
    It's not adjustable.

Sorry.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

14. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaJo View Post
    sounds like your truck has the high idle turned on automatically with colder temps. Which is the trick i mentioned before for us 'older' and 'uncured' guys LOL
    Nothing wrong with "Older", that just means character, kinda like grey hair.

Well that's what I tell myself at least.

Now as far as not being "Cured"...well I think you need to sit down and do some real soul searchin and make the leap down the rabbit hole.

It will be ok friend, we will all be here to help you along your journey. LMAO!!

And the car seat and cracker crumbs that is by far the best accessory I have seen anyone put down.

That is awesome!

16. Thanks BubbaJo thanked for this post
    Likes BubbaJo liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast