Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Magnet Mount For The MM3 Tuner

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Magnet Mount For The MM3 Tuner

I had my suction cup mount fall off for the last time about 2 weeks ago.

I knew I wanted something better, but I didn't want to move the display's location since I'm used to it being where it is.

I thought about just buying a better mount but never really saw one that I cared for or felt would be a better option than the stock arm.

So I decided to mount the display like I did my phone using one of the spare phone magnets I had lying around.

I didn't really want to mess with mounting a plate to the monitor's rear and didn't want to risk any magnetic interference by having the strong magnetic base right by the sd card.

So I pulled the stock arm apart and discarded the end with the suction cup.

Leaving the pivot mount attached to the monitor, I cut a small piece of thin-walled channel steel and drilled a couple of holes in it to allow the stock arms bolt and nut thru.

The steel sticks to the magnetic base, and I'm still able to move the monitor up and down by loosening up the nut and adjusting as needed.

The section of the stock arm I reused keeps the monitor about 3"+ away from the magnet, so I doubt I'll ever have an issue there either.

So far, so good!

I had a couple of colder days here, and the VHB I used on the base hasn't let go.

Here are a few pics of what I ended up with.

2012 3500 Reg Cab 4X4 Dually. MM3 with tunes from DRD. 68RFE W/RevMax HD Valvebody. Diamond Eye 4" system with Quiet tone muffler. Shibby Engineering full Delete kit.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Magnet Mount For The MM3 Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by storminyoung View Post
    I had my suction cup mount fall off for the last time about 2 weeks ago.

I knew I wanted something better, but I didn't want to move the display's location since I'm used to it being where it is.

I thought about just buying a better mount but never really saw one that I cared for or felt would be a better option than the stock arm.

So I decided to mount the display like I did my phone using one of the spare phone magnets I had lying around.

I didn't really want to mess with mounting a plate to the monitor's rear and didn't want to risk any magnetic interference by having the strong magnetic base right by the sd card.

So I pulled the stock arm apart and discarded the end with the suction cup.

Leaving the pivot mount attached to the monitor, I cut a small piece of thin-walled channel steel and drilled a couple of holes in it to allow the stock arms bolt and nut thru.

The steel sticks to the magnetic base, and I'm still able to move the monitor up and down by loosening up the nut and adjusting as needed.

The section of the stock arm I reused keeps the monitor about 3"+ away from the magnet, so I doubt I'll ever have an issue there either.

So far, so good!

I had a couple of colder days here, and the VHB I used on the base hasn't let go.

Here are a few pics of what I ended up with.

That's an awesome solution!!

Nice work!

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Thanks storminyoung thanked for this post