Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  152
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: CP4 Question

1. Top Of Page | #41

User Info Menu

Re: CP4 Question

2014. I was just wondering hoping I had a good pump and not one I’ve been reading about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #42

User Info Menu

I’ve been out of the game awhile. Once upon a time I was a master tech for a Chevy dealer and I was strictly diesels duramax engine performance tech/electrical and some drivetrain work excluding auto trannys. At the time if anyone remembers them in my area and surrounding counties I did all recalls on the Cadillac cateras and their timing belt issues. I still do engine builds mostly LS, small block and racing engines but getting back into diesels since I own one my first in nearly 20yrs since last I had one others were Duramaxs LLY/LB7 and they were wicked fast. Now I’m oil field last 20yrs and having my current truck is a must have and slowly getting knowledge about this beast.

4. Top Of Page | #43

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald636 View Post
    You have a picture of what it looks like?

MC-10180256-9999 copy.pdf

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

5. Thanks Gerald636 thanked for this post
    Likes Gerald636 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #44

User Info Menu

Water and lack of lubrication are cp4s biggest weakness. Biggest problem with the cp4 is our ultra low sulfur fuel and the lack of lubricant it has. The cp4 was/is a great pump where it was tested using regular old fuel, and made impressive economy numbers. Every manufacturer trying to squeeze the best MPG out, starting using it without any conclusive testing how it did with ultra low sulfur. That all said fellas, I have a lml duramax with around 75k and I do not worry about my cp4 on a daily basis. Many of our work trucks had cp4 and higher mileage, and I've never seen one grenade. Maybe I'm just lucky. I do have a air dog lift pump on mine.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

7. Likes SyN, BlackBart liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #45

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post
    The issue has been the same in all cp4s the cam roller assembly turns in the bore and no longer rolls with the cam but instead grinds the cam.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Water and lack of lubrication are cp4s biggest weakness.

This in addition to the above.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Top Of Page | #46

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Houston HB View Post
    do you mind sharing how or what you did.
    I’m sorry, I don’t understand what you are referencing

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

10. Top Of Page | #47

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mdavlee View Post
    I used a sump on mine and retained all the factory stuff in the tank. If my Fass dies on the road I can unplug the harness and quick connect on the injection pump and go back to driving. I thought that was the better way to go in my case since I travel all over the country.
    Would you like to share the connection part?

11. Top Of Page | #48

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    I’m sorry, I don’t understand what you are referencing
    I think I clicked the wrong post to quick reply.

12. Likes RamIt liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #49

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Houston HB View Post
    Would you like to share the connection part?
    Which part?

The harness plugs in to the tank to retain the fuel level and that stuff.

I put the quick connect plug from Beans in factory fuel line.

14. Likes SyN liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #50

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    The Gen 1 CP4 is an asymmetrical cam design which is why they fail. The gen 2 uses a symmetrical cam which would make it comparable to a CP3.
    Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Water and lack of lubrication are cp4s biggest weakness. Biggest problem with the cp4 is our ultra low sulfur fuel and the lack of lubricant it has. The cp4 was/is a great pump where it was tested using regular old fuel, and made impressive economy numbers. Every manufacturer trying to squeeze the best MPG out, starting using it without any conclusive testing how it did with ultra low sulfur. That all said fellas, I have a lml duramax with around 75k and I do not worry about my cp4 on a daily basis. Many of our work trucks had cp4 and higher mileage, and I've never seen one grenade. Maybe I'm just lucky. I do have a air dog lift pump on mine.

Story I got was the CP4s is made for European fuel... where they're smart enough not to refine all the damn lubricity out of it like the stupidity we do here, and they just tear themselfs apart like runnin a engine without
    oil

Good stuff.... Truckers bring it

16. Likes RATLIN'HP, SyN liked this post
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast