Likes Likes:  152
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CP4 Question

1. Top Of Page | #21
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: CP4 Question

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald636 View Post
    You have a picture of what it looks like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not right now can get one tomorrow.

2. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

I’ve had 3 trucks worked on in the past with FASS on them. They just have to verify the FASS is working and putting out oem spec for fuel pressure and they’ll work on whatever is wrong. One was a VP truck and they replaced it no questions asked.

4. Thanks Userwog thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Userwog liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post
    Yeah but still having problems with sym pumps. I have a sym pump in my stall right now that FCA and rear fuel filter are full of metal so idk

Interesting. I haven’t heard of any of the new pumps failing. All of the blown pumps have been the asym ones at my store.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

6. Top Of Page | #24
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Interesting. I haven’t heard of any of the new pumps failing. All of the blown pumps have been the asym ones at my store.
    Yeah I thought the same thing. This one came in running but had high rail pressure code.

Called star to order pump and told them it was a new style. They had me check volume on transfer pump. They thought maybe transfer pump came apart and put metal in system.

7. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Userwog View Post
    Yeah, I saw that before I ordered it actually.

That was what gave me the confidence to go ahead and order it.

Then I had a gut feeling that I had better call the aftermarket warranty company and verify it.

I'm glad I did because they said it would in fact void the warranty on the fuel system and parts, if not all, of the engine as well so I canceled it.

Then it dawned on me that the FASS website said factory warranty, not aftermarket warranty so I called my dealership and spoke with the finance manager and even emailed him the link to their website to confirm it met or exceeded OEM specifications.

He tried getting answers for me, but no one could give him any definitive answers so I canceled my warranty.

I still have my factory bumper to bumper 36k mile warranty though and will fight it tooth and nail should I need to use it.

I'm deleting it and doing the CP3 retrofit as well, so hopefully it will be solid and not give me any issues.
    Wait this is supposed to be a 100k mile warranty on 6.7L Cummins?

Mine is 100k 5 year factory warranty 2016.

The dealer offered a lifetime powertrain in my case as aftermarket at no charge.

At least not a published charge

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

That's power train only which only covers internals to my understanding the way the dealership explained it to me.

10. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

According to my dealer. Who really knows. Its supposed to be a full coverage 100k mile warranty. Excluding def systems and others. But probably just a stealership scam

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

11. Likes watersupply189, Userwog liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

@Userwog I would be careful and make sure you get a Fass authorized dealer to install the new lift pump as the new generation 2020 2500/3500 have a different fuel assembly than the early model 2020 Ram 2500. I have a late model 2020 (08/20 mfg date) and my fuel assembly is different and required more modification to get the Fass system setup, even Fass hasn't done this yet. If you have an early model 2020 you should still have the same fuel assembly as the 2019 series. Lucky for me the guy that installed my pump is a Fass Authorized dealer and is very familiar with this system and was able to get mine going but required extensive modification. As of right now I am the first one to be done in my state and region.

2020 Ram 2500 (GCM) 6.7L - Joined the diesel club 9/17/20

13. Thanks Userwog thanked for this post
    Likes Userwog liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

I have a 2014 just shy of 100k. What advantages will i have if I get one of these units.

15. Likes Userwog liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald636 View Post
    I have a 2014 just shy of 100k. What advantages will i have if I get one of these units.

The kit initially discussed of for the 2020 trucks since they come with a CP4 from the factory. The 3rd and 4th gen trucks have a CP3 factory which have been proven great units which is why one would want to swap back to the older style.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

17. Thanks Userwog, Gerald636 thanked for this post
    Likes Userwog, Mdavlee liked this post
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast