Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Water/Methanol Or Propane Injection In Place Of Fuel Upgrades

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Water/Methanol Or Propane Injection In Place Of Fuel Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post
    My combo made 780hp on the dyno. Has perfect street manners I pull 10-12k lbs of hay every other week. I beat on it daily has been reliable for 30k miles now.

S467.7, 200% injectors, dual CP3s, push rods, springs and head studs, banks intercooler and intake horn. And basically a revmax 850 build with my own pump mods and a Tcs billet input shaft retainer hub.

Revmax has made some significant developments in the 68RFE last year or so. Their new 12xr setup is holding some serious power.

I have quite a few 800hp plus 68RFEs on the road a few are over 900hp. A lot of bigger builders are having great success at 1000-1300 with the 68RFE.

Sub 1000hp I would stick with a 68RFE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you have any internal engine mods done making that much hp?(rods, pistons, etc) And my thoughts on the transmission are this, I dont doubt Revmaxs abilities, I doubt the 68RFE LOL, and when I found a company that makes Allison conversions for these trucks that I can get for just 2k more than a Revmax 850 68RFE, I dont see why I'd stay with the 68, and I know everyone says you can do it with a single turbo but I like to be complicated LOL, ive always wanted something twin turboed so thats the path I'd like to stick with

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

No internal engine mods.

I have a set of rods but not gonna put them in until I change setups and try to push it over 1000 hp.

I personally think the Allison’s over hyped.

I’ve rebuilt every brand diesel truck transmission both for stock and added power.

There's no magical trans that holds all the power in stock form LOL.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

No internal engine mods.

I have a set of rods but not gonna put them in until I change setups and try to push it over 1000 hp.

I personally think the Allison’s over hyped.

I’ve rebuilt every brand diesel truck transmission both for stock and added power.

There's no magical trans that holds all the power in stock form LOL.

Oh yea I hear ya that there's no magical one, it will be a built Allison, I guess in my mind the Allison is pretty problem free stock and can be built without to terribly much effort so I feel like it could have less problems than the 68, from what I've read at least, ive definitely had my fair share of Google overload when looking into some of this stuff LOL. Does your Revmax 850 still have the insane shift flair like they do stock?

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Codygroves95 View Post
    Oh yea I hear ya that there's no magical one, it will be a built Allison, I guess in my mind the Allison is pretty problem free stock and can be built without to terribly much effort so I feel like it could have less problems than the 68, from what I've read at least, ive definitely had my fair share of Google overload when looking into some of this stuff LOL. Does your Revmax 850 still have the insane shift flair like they do stock?
    No it doesn’t have noticeable shift flare. But that’s a mixture of the tune and the way I built it. I built my trans my self and have done a lot of testing to get what I think is the perfect combo.

Shift flare is just the tc unlocking and locking during the shift to not cause damage.

Allison’s in D- Max’s are far from problem free LOL. But the do use fuel management during shifts and clutch slip instances as to not cause damage to the trans which works pretty well.

I haven’t followed Allison 6.7 cummins conversions very closely but they do they allow retention of the exhaust break. Last I saw mind you this was probably a year ago or so the prndl doesn’t work and the exhaust break doesn’t work with the conversion.

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

No it doesn’t have noticeable shift flare. But that’s a mixture of the tune and the way I built it. I built my trans my self and have done a lot of testing to get what I think is the perfect combo.

Shift flare is just the tc unlocking and locking during the shift to not cause damage.

Allison’s in D- Max’s are far from problem free LOL. But the do use fuel management during shifts and clutch slip instances as to not cause damage to the trans which works pretty well.

I haven’t followed Allison 6.7 cummins conversions very closely but they do they allow retention of the exhaust break. Last I saw mind you this was probably a year ago or so the prndl doesn’t work and the exhaust break doesn’t work with the conversion.

See alot of my issue is I know nothing about building a transmission, never even been inside one, I can take it out and put it in all day long but automotive transmissions are foreign to me so I'm definitely looking at something that I can just put in it with minimal internal work on my part.

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

See alot of my issue is I know nothing about building a transmission, never even been inside one, I can take it out and put it in all day long but automotive transmissions are foreign to me so I'm definitely looking at something that I can just put in it with minimal internal work on my part.

7. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Diesel Podcast archives has a somewhat recent conversation with RevMax about the 68s and the progress made. It’s interesting to hear about the failure points and how they have been addressed and progressed over the past decade now. Worth a listen if you’ve got some air time to kill.

They do mention the x12 trans as well which is supposed to be one bad setup once released (overkill for your potential set up)

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Diesel Podcast archives has a somewhat recent conversation with RevMax about the 68s and the progress made. It’s interesting to hear about the failure points and how they have been addressed and progressed over the past decade now. Worth a listen if you’ve got some air time to kill.

They do mention the x12 trans as well which is supposed to be one bad setup once released (overkill for your potential set up)
    The 12xr drum setup is awesome.

It holds 20 clutch packs In the overdrive section. I finally got one a couple weeks ago hope to have it in my transmission by next race season.

I asked when they are releasing it today when I placed an order they said it’s supposed to be ready for retail in 3-4 weeks.

They were low on the machined center supports that go with it.

There’s a truck here in Texas thats holding 1600hp with the 12xr setup.

Huge step for the 68RFE.

Still no word on their billet upper valve body half though.

I’m hoping they don’t scrap the idea.

9. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

The 12xr drum setup is awesome.

It holds 20 clutch packs In the overdrive section. I finally got one a couple weeks ago hope to have it in my transmission by next race season.

I asked when they are releasing it today when I placed an order they said it’s supposed to be ready for retail in 3-4 weeks.

They were low on the machined center supports that go with it.

There’s a truck here in Texas thats holding 1600hp with the 12xr setup.

Huge step for the 68RFE.

Still no word on their billet upper valve body half though.

I’m hoping they don’t scrap the idea.

What part of TX are you in? Also I’m assuming the 12xr you have had the upgraded pump that is pretty new?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    What part of TX are you in? Also I’m assuming the 12xr you have had the upgraded pump that is pretty new?
    I’m in beeville texas.

I build my own pumps as far as the valves go.

Are you talking about the billet pump half that holds the gears. If so yes I got that too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast