Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  25

Thread: Exhaust Brake and High Speeds

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Question Exhaust Brake and High Speeds

Hey all, wanted to hear everyones info on using the exhaust brake at higher speeds.

Obviously I use my full exhaust brake all the time, and I KNOW we have all had that moment where a Carolina Squated 1/2 ton with straight pipes wants to try and be cool and you just gotta blast his doors off a bit LOL, and it's kinda easy to hit 100 mph even on the lowest WARP tune setting LOL.

Guess my question is what speeds are safe/acceptable to be at in conjunction with using the full exhaust brake?

@DRD anything you guys do with the tuning that would have an affect on operating speeds and the exhaust brake?

Thanks everyone,
    God Bless!

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Murph, watersupply189, Jaxonsram liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheJonJon View Post
    Hey all, wanted to hear everyones info on using the exhaust brake at higher speeds.

Obviously I use my full exhaust brake all the time, and I KNOW we have all had that moment where a Carolina Squated 1/2 ton with straight pipes wants to try and be cool and you just gotta blast his doors off a bit LOL, and it's kinda easy to hit 100 mph even on the lowest WARP tune setting LOL.

Guess my question is what speeds are safe/acceptable to be at in conjunction with using the full exhaust brake?

@DRD anything you guys do with the tuning that would have an affect on operating speeds and the exhaust brake?

Thanks everyone,
    God Bless!
    Use the exhaust brake at any speed you feel is safe my friend.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Thanks TheJonJon, watersupply189, Jaxonsram thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheJonJon View Post

Obviously I use my full exhaust brake all the time, and I KNOW we have all had that moment where a Carolina Squated 1/2 ton with straight pipes wants to try and be cool and you just gotta blast his doors off a bit LOL, and it's kinda easy to hit 100mph even on the lowest WARP tune setting LOL. Guess my question is what speeds are safe/acceptable to be at in conjunction with using the full exhaust brake? @DRD anything you guys do with the tuning that would have an affect on operating speeds and the exhaust brake?
    Thanks everyone, God Bless!
    Gotta love them Carolina Squat boys trucks.

NOT! LOL

I run my exhaust brake all the time.

Speed is not a factor using it.

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

6. Likes TheJonJon, Jaxonsram, timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Speed may not be a factor, but traction is. At higher speeds, it would be easier to lose grip on a damp/wet or otherwise compromised road surface.... Gravel, sand, ice, mud, dirt, snow, etc

Just my $.02 and worth even less

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Re: Exhaust Brake and High Speeds

Thanks Ray and thanks fellas for the input.

Have a buddy that told me he ruined his turbo actuator from using it at high speed.

Didn't make sense to me so I had to ask ya'll.

"Friends don't let friends Carolina Squat."

9. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

The only limitations you'll have with your exhaust brake is RPM's not MPH.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

11. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

One day a Mustang thought he could outrun me and the exhaust brake was there at 120 when he decided he couldn't.

I drive my truck hard and cruise between 85 and 90 daily and always have the exhaust brake on.

It's still the factory turbo, fingers crossed it keeps lasting because I don't want to replace it just yet.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk