Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: RaceME Settings Questions

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

RaceME Settings Questions

Hi guys, It seems I had some protesters steal some non critical parts off my truck recently so I figured I'd get my lifetime membership over here to have access to all the knowledge I found here and to access drd in the future.

Anyhow got my new parts installed and everything went perfect and I'm loving the way my truck is running my question is on the correct hierarchy of the settings in the tuner, I haven't been able to find the answers to this so hopefully there is some easy answers.

I loaded the initial tune with the following settings.
    >ECM Lvl:1, Dr:3, Rp:1, Tm:1, VGT:2, Tr:1 + SL:0
    >Switch:0

So my question is if go to hook up my trailer and just select switch to "tow" does that override my "base" tune to a predefined raceme setup? Or is it better to just use the rt function to select a lower Dr stage based on weight? And second do I need to be on switch 0 "rt enable" to use the rt function or can I modify in there at any time. (I do know rt only lasts until key off and you need to send again)
    Sorry if this has been answered and I just haven't seen it.

Again thanks guys, and for anyone considering this project just do it, with all the resources here it is very easy and you will love it... Only issue I've ran into is when I put truck in drive I get a little blurp, blurp, blurp and all is fine but I'm pretty sure from what I've read here that is something that gets fixed with warp if it's bothersome.

2018 ram 2500, raceme ultra, 4" mbrp (p1) race pipe w muffler, afe stage 2 intake, pusher 3.5" hot side pipe, egr servo unplugged, tb unplugged

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: RaceME Settings Questions

Quote Originally Posted by 6.7-80127 View Post

I loaded the initial tune with the following settings.
    >ECM Lvl:1, Dr:3, Rp:1, Tm:1, VGT:2, Tr:1 + SL:0
    >Switch:0

So my question is if go to hook up my trailer and just select switch to "tow" does that override my "base" tune to a predefined raceme setup? Or is it better to just use the rt function to select a lower Dr stage based on weight? And second do I need to be on switch 0 "rt enable" to use the rt function or can I modify in there at any time. (I do know rt only lasts until key off and you need to send again)
    Sorry if this has been answered and I just haven't seen it..
    I am confused by the loading of initial tunes.

I am not familiar with the RaceME.

I have the MM3 but I thought they were basically the same.

There is a setting to send only once or at every key on for your tunes for the RT.

Lower HP tunes are better used for towing a trailer.

Hopefully some others will chime in here that better understand what it is your asking and are more familiar with the RaceME.

2016. Laramie 2500, 68RFE, CC 4x4. DRD Medical plan. factory rear air. 2” lift/level. 35x12.5, Revmax vb with deep pan. ARP 425 head studs.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thanks for the response in the RaceME when you initially program the ECM you get an option to select deletes with stock power or increased power, trans tuning or no trans tuning and that becomes your "standard" set up I believe.

I've just been lowering power using rt as you said for towing since I'm not sure what exactly the settings for the premade tow option are.

Thanks again!

2018 ram 2500, raceme ultra, 4" mbrp (p1) race pipe w muffler, afe stage 2 intake, pusher 3.5" hot side pipe, egr servo unplugged, tb unplugged

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 6.7-80127 View Post
    Thanks for the response in the RaceME when you initially program the ECM you get an option to select deletes with stock power or increased power, trans tuning or no trans tuning and that becomes your "standard" set up I believe.

I've just been lowering power using rt as you said for towing since I'm not sure what exactly the settings for the premade tow option are.

Thanks again!
    Ok, Yeah once you program the ecm with what you want. (Delete with trans tune).

It will always be that until the ecm is re flashed with something else.

The RT can select the power setting you want on the fly (Real time).

2016. Laramie 2500, 68RFE, CC 4x4. DRD Medical plan. factory rear air. 2” lift/level. 35x12.5, Revmax vb with deep pan. ARP 425 head studs.

5. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
    Likes Roberto Fisherman liked this post