Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2000 Transmission Cooler Line Help

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Question 2000 Transmission Cooler Line Help

I have a 2000 2500 and I'm replacing the lines that run on the driver side of the transmission, to the external cooler. They run side by side to the front. Right where they meet the rubber line, there are the "converters" to make the metal line stay with the rubber line. To get those apart, do I just pull on them? or do something else? I've tried pulling, but they seem to be wedged in there....Help me please.....

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Not sure what you are asking?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Do I need a disconnect tool to separate the transmission cooler line where the rubber and metal line meets?
    Attachment 1038

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

If it's swagged, meaning it has a crush collar on the hose, it's one assembly.

You CAN grind off the swag collar and replace the hose. It's suggested given the age

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC