Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tator 63/68 VGT turbo

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Tator 63/68 VGT turbo

Hello everyone.

I'm just trying to see if anybody has had any experience with tators turbos for the 13 - 18 RAMS.

I am wanting to grab one for the sake of keeping my exhaust brake, and I've seen they do pretty well, especially for the price.

Cheaper than a Fleece or BD Screamer.

Thanks

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Tator 63/68 VGT turbo

I haven’t heard many reviews on their VGT but the fixed blade seem to have mixed reviews as of more recently.

I am not bashing the brand but if it were my investment I would spend a little more for the Cheetah and have the 2 year unlimited mileage warranty.

Hopefully someone will chime in who’s running one.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Yeah this is kind of what I thought.

I'm really just looking for a VGT that has a modified exhaust turbine to help escape all the gasses from the compounds without losing my exhaust brake.

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bpbertolacini View Post
    Yeah this is kind of what I thought.

I'm really just looking for a VGT that has a modified exhaust turbine to help escape all the gasses from the compounds without losing my exhaust brake.
    Have you considered a gated s363 turbo and adding EB?

For the cost of the turbo and EB you’d be in the same ball park as tater/new VGT.

You lose your VGT turbo which is considered an upgrade for some.

The 363 would spool like your factory charger if not a touch sooner.

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes Power247, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I'm almost gonna go the route of the smeding 363sxe VGT delete kit, but what's this gated turbo you speak of.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I think an S3X will be need to be gated for compounds no matter what.

I could be way off.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Ok I definitely need to find out then because I'm ready for some money spending, LOL.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bpbertolacini View Post
    Ok I definitely need to find out then because I'm ready for some money spending, LOL.
    Do you just have like an "add a turbo" over the stock VGT right now?

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Yeah, S475.

I just talked to someone who said you don't need a gated turbo for my setup also, but maybe someone else would know to.

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

If you’re not pushing huge power/boost then you don’t need to be gated.

The 363 will max out about 38-45 psi as it sits so you’d be alright without a wastegate.

Typically the gated charges are for larger sizes in this set up.

Sorry for the confusion mentioning this with the 363.

FWIW I highly recommend a 360* thrust bearing for whichever charger you choose

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast