Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tator 63/68 VGT turbo

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Tator 63/68 VGT turbo

Ok folks, here is what I went with instead of the VGT route.

I ended up with a Smeding 63mm SXE with 360 thrust bearing.

I already got the retune from Ray and it will be going in this coming Monday.

I also picked up this 6 blade billet wheel to put in my S475 top charger.

Hopefully it all works out well.

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, paint.roper, Mdavlee liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Looks good!

63 lights like fire with these 6.7s!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Nice that's good to hear.

So my question is now can I drive the truck after the turbo swap without flashing in the new tune.

I just home from the shop where I'm having it done.

I just don't want them to flash it and then go drive it around not understanding the seriousness of the trans relearn process.

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

You should be fine. It Might be a little different feeling response wise.

I don’t blame you for not wanting to have it flashed before you have it home.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

That's good.

Kind of what I figured.

I'll put it in the lowest tune setting and baby it home its only 10 miles from the shop.

Then I'll flash it in the driveway with the charger hooked up to it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12