Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aisin 2nd Gear RPM Sag

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Aisin 2nd Gear RPM Sag

Since mine is a 2014 Aisin and it’s been revealed there was a transmission software/hardware change for 2019, my results are no longer relative.

Just wanted to let you know as promised I did check mine while cold and hot today and did not see what you are experiencing.

Looks like you have some good input and I am leaning towards the theory of possible de-fueling issue that may be intentional or perhaps not.

Hopefully someone with a 2019 Aisin will confirm.

Another option is maybe you could get the dealership to let you take a 2019 or 2020 Aisin for a short test drive.

Please keep us posted.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2. Thanks davi9 thanked for this post
    Likes davi9 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Re: Aisin 2nd Gear RPM Sag

What I would do is have them take a snap shot of the shifting and to see if its normal.

Also ask them to compare the snap shot with a used/new unit or another customers truck that’s the same year etc.

If that doesn’t work ask them to send the snap shot to a engineer/Techline for review.

I would also assume this would be out of pocket expense if nothing is found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks davi9 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Since mine is a 2014 Aisin and it’s been revealed there was a transmission software/hardware change for 2019, my results are no longer relative.

Just wanted to let you know as promised I did check mine while cold and hot today and did not see what you are experiencing.

Looks like you have some good input and I am leaning towards the theory of possible de-fueling issue that may be intentional or perhaps not.

Hopefully someone with a 2019 Aisin will confirm.

Another option is maybe you could get the dealership to let you take a 2019 or 2020 Aisin for a short test drive.

Please keep us posted.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks! Yeah, I might try get into another 2019/20 aisin from the dealership sometime in the next few weeks for a short test drive. I’m hoping it’s just normal behaviour of torque converter lockup in these newer trucks. I’ll keep you posted.

2019 Ram 3500 (Aisin) Laramie 3.73 SRW Crew Cab

6. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SwingBeefRacing View Post
    What I would do is have them take a snap shot of the shifting and to see if its normal.

Also ask them to compare the snap shot with a used/new unit or another customers truck that’s the same year etc.

If that doesn’t work ask them to send the snap shot to a engineer/Techline for review.

I would also assume this would be out of pocket expense if nothing is found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, this sounds interesting.

I’ll look into it.

2019 Ram 3500 (Aisin) Laramie 3.73 SRW Crew Cab

8. Likes AK Bob liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12