Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  25
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 RAM with Dual Radiators

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2014 RAM with Dual Radiators

Got a question for someone on here that may know the answer. I have a 2014 with dual radiators. If you guys know anything about the 13-14 year models, you know that there are issues with the Y tube busting on the radiator hoses. I think I may try and remove the secondary radiator. One of my radiators is leaking and I was thinking about upgrading to Mishimoto. I'm still not sure which one is leaking because, I don't want to start taking the truck apart until I have the replacement part. Mishimoto only shows 1 radiator that fits my truck. My question is, can I swap dual stock radiators for an upgraded Mishimoto radiator? Does anyone know if you can remove the secondary radiator?

2. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2014 RAM with Dual Radiators

Good question. I have one that I know is leaking. No fluid hitting the ground but I can smell it at the radiator when truck is hot. Also I’d like to know which is the best upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes AK Bob, cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xX-UTennMaFiA-Xx View Post
    Got a question for someone on here that may know the answer. I have a 2014 with dual radiators. If you guys know anything about the 13-14 year models, you know that there are issues with the Y tube busting on the radiator hoses. I think I may try and remove the secondary radiator. One of my radiators is leaking and I was thinking about upgrading to Mishimoto. I'm still not sure which one is leaking because, I don't want to start taking the truck apart until I have the replacement part. Mishimoto only shows 1 radiator that fits my truck. My question is, can I swap dual stock radiators for an upgraded Mishimoto radiator? Does anyone know if you can remove the secondary radiator?
    Great question, I replaced my upper “Y” pipe with billet aluminum. But if either radiator starts to leak I would certainly consider replacing both with the Mishimoto replacement. I just sent them an email inquiry will report back their reply. Meanwhile hopefully someone in the know will respond.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=AK Bob;200186]Great question, I replaced my upper “Y” pipe with billet aluminum. But if either radiator starts to leak I would certainly consider replacing both with the Mishimoto replacement. I just sent them an email inquiry will report back their reply. Meanwhile hopefully someone in the know will respond.

HAHA!! AK Bob, I had the exact same idea and also reached out to Mishimoto too. Hopefully, we can get this answered through them. I was talking to my technician and he had the same response as I did. We both think that there is no reason to keep the dual system for two reasons. One) because previous models and newer models do not have the dual system. Only the 13s and 14s have them. Two) If you are upgrading to a better radiator, you would think that it would be more efficient than two stock radiators.

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

You can do it but you must buy the 15+ radiator mounts and hoses to make the conversion. Everything else is the same but the mounts and hoses.
    Lots have done it to free up room in the front. Have I? No, no need yet.

2013 2500 6.7 cummins crew cab. white and stock as can be
    using Tapatalk

9. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, xX-UTennMaFiA-Xx liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Are these parts available aftermarket or dealer item only?

And estimate on cost?

11. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Great advice above, also here is a copy of my reply from Mishimoto just received:

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the radiator we offer for the Cummis.

The radiator we offer is designed to replace just the primary radiator in the truck and not necessarily the secondary radiator as well. However, some customers have reached out stating they were able to delete the secondary radiator after installing ours due to how much cooling performance they were receiving.

While we do not market the radiator to do this or can confirm this, depending on the application it may be possible.

We are always here to help and support our customers. Please feel free to follow up with any additional questions or concerns and I would be more than happy to help!

Thanks,

Phomma Malaythong
    Mishimoto Automotive

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

13. Thanks xX-UTennMaFiA-Xx thanked for this post
    Likes xX-UTennMaFiA-Xx liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I would like to know and get a confirmation on it if it can be done before I sunk a bunch of money in ordering a bunch of stuff.

15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

The factory unit is 2 row whole the mishimoto is 3 row.

I believe the front rad is only a single row unit or very small dual. You can swap it out and upgrade to the 15+ cooling system.

You will find better cooling just from the airflow alone.

Do not swap to electric fans alone as they do not move nearly enough air to cool the motor.

2013 2500 6.7 cummins crew cab. white and stock as can be
    using Tapatalk

16. Likes xX-UTennMaFiA-Xx liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I got the same reply from Mishimoto so, after talking with my mechanic, we are gonna try it out.

I think it will work and he does too.

The small secondary radiator is small and I don’t see how upgrading to a 3 row radiator won’t be better.

I’ll let ya know once installed.

18. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast